IT Application Developer Senior
City of Austin WaterAustin, Texas17d ago
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Design, develop, test, debug, modify and implement advanced custom software applications according to technical requirements and specifications for software solutions
- Build, check, control, and create outputs and interfaces and integrate highly complex internal and external systems
- Establish application development lifecycle and code development standards
- Maintain and improve custom applications and interfaces
- Document application training requirements
- Write, maintain, and store documentation
- Follow testing and validation policies, standards, processes, and procedures
- Analyze business processes and requirements, use cases, wire frames, technical specifications and software/system functionality
- Follow and/or assist with the development of custom test plans for software development, integration, upgrades, enhancements, fixes, and operations/maintenance
- Design and recommend redesign of business function models
- Serve as the point of contact for technical issues on projects, support and maintenance issues.
- Participate in architecture planning and strategy sessions
- 13. Ensure security and data protection requirements are followed
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
May provide leadership, work assignments, evaluation, training, and guidance to others
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of principles, quality standards and processes
- Knowledge of secure data and application techniques
- Knowledge of current industry standards and best practices in software quality assurance.
- Knowledge of multiple user coding techniques
- Knowledge of frameworks and information technology best practices
- Knowledge of problem sensitivity
- Skill in application of object oriented programming techniques, languages, software development and engineering frameworks
- Skill in software debugging and troubleshooting techniques and toolsets
- Skill in software source code management, change management, and configuration management techniques and toolsets.
- Skill in data protection
- Skill in coding
- Skill in selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new concepts
- Ability to document code inline and write effective supporting documentation
- Ability to test technical solutions
- Ability to accurately identify/determine customer needs and take appropriate actions and/or steps to address identified needs
- Ability to recognize, value, and include different perspectives, experiences, approaches, and cultures in achieving organizational goals
- Ability to gain and maintain the trust and confidence of others and the organization through consistency and reliability
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to the job, plus three (3) years of related experience.
- Experience may substitute for education up to four (4) years.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Experience developing and supporting Geographic Information Systems (GIS) applications (Desktop, Enterprise, and ArcGIS Online/Portal)
- Demonstrated experience with design, development, testing and maintenance of complex web-based applications using Agile Methodology
- Demonstrated experience with application development using Microsoft .NET
- Demonstrated experience in Service Oriented Architecture, including Representational State Transfer (REST) services
- Demonstrated experience with database design and development
- Experience managing software development lifecycle and its associated documentation
- Demonstrated experience with version control software
- Ability to travel to more than one work location