IT Business Analyst
The HT GroupAustin, TX 787463M ago
The HT Group is working with a company in south Austin to find a technical Business Analyst for a contract-to-hire position. The Business Analyst will primarily be responsible for creating User Stories, User Story Specifications, and UI Mock-ups to describe new or modified product functionality. They will participate in and document requirements elicitation workshops, peer reviews, scrums and stakeholder reviews to validate concepts and requirements. The ideal candidate will have proven experience brokering communications between IT and business domains. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, information systems or computer engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience working in conjunction with UX, Product Management and technical teams.
- 3+ years of experience defining User Stories and associated detailed requirements, completing design elaboration and addressing business requirement questions through research and fact-finding.
- Stays abreast of new software releases and activity.
- Quickly learn and understand the business process, issues, and data challenges of the organization and industry.
- Work on multiple cross-functional projects simultaneously.
- Analyze the information received from users to distinguish their task needs from functional requirements, business rules, and suggested solutions.
- Create/Submit Change requests when needed.
- Eliciting and creating user stories to support the ongoing development of a end-user mobile POS application
- Communicates with business, architects, developers and QA on matters of file design, testing, debugging, storage, access and related activities.
- Map business processes with SME’s and helps administer user acceptance testing.
Technical & Professional Skills
- Experience eliciting requirements and writing user stories using Agile in a SCRUM framework.
- Highly proficient in the use of Jira for capturing user stories and user story specifications in an Agile methodology.
- Comfortable working with remote resources in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with business analysis to support a mobile end-user application.
- Strong understanding of SharePoint and utilization within global team environment.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills; attention to detail and accuracy; and time management and organizational skills.
- Highly proficient in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience with Teams and Skype helpful.