Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Partner with decision makers, system owners and end users to define business, financial and operations requirements and systems goals
- Lead requirements gathering sessions to elicit requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to potential IT solutions
- Create more complex models, use cases, process flows, specifications, diagrams and charts to provide direction to developers, designers, and vendors
- Develop statement of work for use in requests for proposals
- Evaluate compatibility and interoperability of commercial off-the-shelf or in-house technology systems
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Perform cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in making IT business decisions
- Conduct research on software and hardware products and technology services to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts
- Write and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in IT applications across the organization
- Coordinate and perform tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, training and other post-implementation support
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
May provide leadership, work assignments, evaluation, training, and guidance to others
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of concepts and principles of application programming, database and system design including Internet and network architectures
- Knowledge of legacy and web-based systems interfaces
- Knowledge of importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs and flow charts
- Knowledge of cost-benefit analysis and total cost of ownership modeling
- Skill in performing requirements development, process modeling, reporting and project management tools
- Skill in developing process models and data flow diagrams using industry-standard modeling techniques
- Ability to accurately identify/determine customer needs and take appropriate actions and/or steps to address identified needs
- Ability to recognize, value, and include different perspectives, experiences, approaches, and cultures in achieving organizational goals
- Ability to gain and maintain the trust and confidence of others and the organization through consistency and reliability
- Ability to give, receive, or share thoughts, ideas, perspective, and data to create shared understanding
- Ability to define, analyze, and find solutions for difficult or complex problems
- Skill in selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new concepts
- Ability to view the big picture
- Ability to quickly become familiar with emerging technologies
- Ability to identify trends as well as isolated events
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to the job plus two (2) years of experience.
- Experience may substitute for education for up to (4) years.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Experience in managing CMMS systems and integrated technologies for developing specialized reports and dashboards, monitoring data quality, reviewing and developing process improvements, and providing user training.
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of Software Development/Business Intelligence Lifecycle process and methodologies and experience with Cognos or other Business Intelligence software solutions
- Demonstrated experience performing business analysis identification of requirements and testing for a variety of software and Business Intelligence development projects including highly complex enterprise-wide projects
- Experience acting as a team or project leader facilitating and functioning as liaison between business and technical units throughout the project lifecycle including developing scope and detailed requirements documents to ensure division business needs are understood and acceptable to all impacted areas
- Experience writing and executing complex SQL queries to extract data from a variety of data sources
- Ability to travel to more than one work location
- Ability to work after hours, as needed