IT Database Administrator Senior
Click here to view additional details or positions at Austin Water, or to apply for this position.
Working with Austin Water provides a number of health and welfare benefits such as low-cost medical, dental, vision, paid leave time, a highly competitive retirement plan, training opportunities, and more. Please click here for more information on benefits.
- Design, analyze, troubleshoot and resolve advanced operational and performance related database issues, coordinate changes, and maintain database structures, and assist in developing policies and procedures designed to ensure the integrity of the database environment.
- Design, coordinate, implement, and determine procedures necessary to save and recover production databases, and to recover databases from hardware and software failure.
- Perform database performance monitoring and auditing, implement efficiency improvements, and modify existing databases and database management systems.
- Design, configure and implement database network connectivity working with required technical teams.
- Monitor capacity versus utilization and recommends appropriate action on a timely basis to avoid performance degradation.
- Create databases and database objects, such as tables, indexes, views, triggers, and stored procedures.
- Track database assets and critical information about those assets.
- Assist in development of data security standards to ensure data integrity data security.
- Maintain data standards, prepare and develop database documentation, procedures, and definitions for data dictionaries.
- Create test database environment for applications section, including the creation of necessary libraries and procedures.
- Install new software releases and/or upgrades including researching, testing and implementing new technology.
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to the job, plus four (4) years of experience in a related field.
- Experience may substitute for education for up to four (4) years.
- Web, desktop and mobile application programming and support using ESRI products (ArcSDE, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Mobile, ArcObjects, ArcPortal, ArcPro, Utility Network etc.)
- Systems integration
- Python, FLEX, VB.NET/C#/ASP
- Web Services development
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Web application server, database server configuration and system administration in an enterprise environment
- Ability to travel to more than one work location
Pay Range: $37.30 – $49.43 per hour
Hours: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday-Friday with limited flexibility. (Hybrid)
Location: Waller Creek Center - 625 East 10th Street, Austin, TX