IT Security Analyst
City of Austin WaterAustin, Texas17 days ago
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
1. Develops, documents, and enforces security policies, standards, guidelines, processes, and procedures to support the enterprise security posture.
2. Updates, maintains and documents security controls
3. Hardens operating system and devices and builds access systems
4. Assists in the development of data systems, network security architecture security risk analysis scenarios, and response procedures
5. Administers security tools, security event monitoring, alerting, and reporting
6. Implements Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans
7. Enforces security policies and procedures
8. Prepares status reports on security matters
9. Reviews security violation reports and investigates possible security exceptions
10. Performs information and physical security investigations
11. Secures network connections, design, and physical access
12. Represents the security needs of the organization
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
May provide leadership, work assignments, evaluation, training, and guidance to others
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
• Knowledge in networking, databases and systems operations and how they interact with each other.
• Knowledge of enterprise information security systems and implementation
• Knowledge of securing different types of systems like web, database and remote access systems
• Knowledge of Industry standard Security policies and procedures
• Skills in Security assessments and recommendations
• Skill in oral and written communication of security planning, measures, and violations to end users, public and council
• Skill in analyzing and investigation of information security trends
• Ability to educate various personnel regarding information security
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to the job, plus (4) four years related IT experience or Physical Security experience; at least 2 of which were in network/server management or physical access systems.
- Education may be substitute for experience up to (2) years.
- Experience may substitute for Education up to (4) fours years.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Experience securing software and web-based applications
- Experience in auditing IT systems against risk management frameworks
- Experience managing IT projects
- Experience with implementing cloud-based IT solutions
- Experience working for a utility, government or similarly regulated entity
- Security-related certifications, such as ISSEP (Information Systems Security Engineering Professional), CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), or GIAC (Global Information Assurance Certification)
- Ability to travel to more than one work location