IT Support Analyst Senior
City of Austin WaterAustin, Texas18d ago
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
1. Performs systematic analysis for identifying and diagnosing faults and determining root causes
2. Improves Tier I and Tier II business processes
3. Provides key performance indicator analysis and reports to management
4. Works with customers and purchasing to recommend, obtain quotes and deploy new solutions.
5. Recommends performance improvements
6. Performs advanced end-to-end support utilizing industry best practices
7. Serves as lead resource on teams
8. Performs advanced system administration functions
9. Develops, documents, publishes and provides advanced communications
10. Provides advanced and escalated technical support
11. Performs complex hardware, software, and applications support and preventative maintenance
12. Manages inventory and record keeping
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
May provide technical leadership, work assignments, training, and guidance to others
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
• Knowledge of standard application and operation systems
• Skill in accurate reporting, documenting, and entering data and reconciling and escalating issues
• Skill in technical writing and excellent verbal communication
• Skill in proactive approach to problem solving
• Ability to demonstrate initiative and professionalism
• Ability to build rapport and elicit problem details from customers
• Ability to identify and learn appropriate software and hardware
• Ability to triage, engage others, and escalate appropriately
• Ability to identify and analyze system-to-system faults
• Ability to provide in-depth technical advice, guidance and training to technicians and customers
• Ability to troubleshoot and restore all Tier I and Tier II hardware and software problems
• Ability to follow-through with minimal direction
• Ability to adjust to frequently changing priorities
Three (3) years of education related to the job.
Experience may substitute for education up to three (3) years
Licenses or Certifications:
- Experience deploying and supporting Microsoft Windows 10
- Experience deploying and supporting desktop and laptop hardware
- Experience supporting end users utilizing Microsoft Office 365
- Experience supporting a mobile workforce (mobile hardware, VPN, wireless technologies, etc.)
- Experience purchasing IT hardware and software
- Ability to travel to more than one work location.