Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, diagnose, test, evaluate, and make recommendations to resolve system problems as well as define disaster recovery plans and develop network test plans
- Implement, configure, manage, administer, maintain and monitor software and hardware to include systems, applications, middleware, servers, and storage
- Procure new software and hardware for systems, applications, middleware, servers, and storage technologies
- Evaluate system performance and health checks by implementing tuning improvements and performing system sizing estimates
- Contribute to the planning, forecasting, budgeting, procuring and implementing new system hardware and software including the retirement of existing systems and components
- Assist with development of solution based cost analysis
- Coordinate and communicate the installation, configuration, and maintenance of systems and components with customer departments and project teams
- Monitor services provided by vendors to ensure service levels are met
- Monitor and assist in management of equipment inventory
- Implement system security procedures and ensure compliance of all security policies, procedures and standards
Responsibilities – Supervisor and/or Leadership Exercised: None
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of one or more areas of infrastructure and server technologies
- Knowledge of application and/or operating systems
- Knowledge of networking/telephony operating systems and network/telephony monitoring and management applications
- Knowledge of industry and department best practices, requirements and policies and procedures
- Knowledge of system capacity planning
- Skill in documenting and maintaining application and process or configuration information
- Skill in providing day-to-day system/application administration and/or system/application administration in support in a variety of work environments
- Skill in installing and maintaining applications or operating systems or equipment
- Skill in selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new concepts
- Ability to accurately identify/determine customer needs and take appropriate actions and/or steps to address identified needs
- Ability to recognize, value, and include different perspectives, experiences, approaches, and cultures in achieving organizational goals
- Ability to gain and maintain the trust and confidence of others and the organization through consistency and reliability
- Ability to give, receive, or share thoughts, ideas, perspective, and data to create shared understanding
- Ability to define, analyze, and find solutions for difficult or complex problems
- Ability to view the big picture
- Ability to quickly become familiar with emerging technologies
- Ability to identify trends as well as isolated events
- Two (2) years of education from an accredited college or university in a field related to the job plus two (2) years of related experience.
- Experience may substitute for education up to two (2) years.
Licenses and Certifications Required: None.
- Administration experience with MS Windows 10 and Apple iOS
- Experience troubleshooting PC and server hardware
- Administration experience with MS Windows Server Operating Systems
- Experience with Active Directory account setup and deletion, and Office 365 administration
- Experience with CRM ticket management systems and Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
- AirWatch MDM or other mobile device management systems administration
- Experience with Powershell or other similar scripting language
- Ability to travel to more than one work location