ITGeospatial Analyst Sr
City of Austin WaterAustin, Texasa month ago
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Designs, implements, and/or performs data management activities such as modifying elements and assigning privileges.
- Performs programming activities such as design, development, testing, debugging, documentation, and modification of geospatial applications.
- Analyzes data from various sources to produce data sets, cartographic layouts, and reports in accordance with specifications and standards.
- Researches and interprets source records and documents.
- Performs business process analysis, develops alternatives, and makes recommendations.
- Responds to requests for information from internal and external customers.
- Assists with the creation, publication, implementation, and improvement of IT policies, governance, standards, and security.
- Installs new software releases and/or upgrades including researching, testing, and implementing new geospatial technology.
- Communicates and interfaces with members of the IT, vendor, and user communities.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
May provide leadership, work assignments, evaluation, training, and guidance to others.
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of programming/scripting principles, techniques, and documentation practices.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of mapping, coordinate systems, projections, and scale.
- Knowledge of basic database design principles.
- Skill in selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new concepts.
- Ability to implement geospatial technology projects.
- Ability to modify geospatial applications and databases using scripting programming languages and automation tools.
- Ability to read and interpret surveys, legal descriptions, cartography, engineering documents, construction plans, and aerial and orthophotography.
- Ability to read and interpret applicable laws and regulations.
- Ability to analyze automation needs and makes recommendations for data, geospatial software, and/or hardware solutions.
- Ability to produce maps and other representations of geospatial data using geospatial software.
- Ability to accurately identify/determine customer needs and take appropriate actions and/or steps to address identified needs.
- Ability to recognize, value, and include different perspectives, experiences, approaches, and cultures in achieving organizational goals.
- Ability to gain and maintain the trust and confidence of others and the organization through consistency and reliability.
- Ability to give, receive, or share thoughts, ideas, perspective, and data to create shared understanding.
- Ability to define, analyze, and find solutions for difficult or complex problems.
- Ability to view the big picture.
- Ability to quickly become familiar with emerging technologies.
- Ability to identify trends as well as isolated events.
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to the job.
- Experience may substitute for education up to four (4) years.
- Experience with GIS analysis, data development, maintenance, and quality control processes in a production multi-user editing environment using ESRI products (ArcGIS, ArcSDE)
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience incorporating field data into GIS datasets
- Experience with pipeline construction and/or land development
- Ability to travel to more than one work location