Localization Project Manager Japanese Language
Liaison Creative + MarketingAustin, TX13d ago
Coordinate translation projects for marketing materials (print/digital) for Japanese language
Duties & Responsibilities
Liaison Creative + Marketing has an immediate full-time opportunity for Localization Project Manager fluent in Japanese (reading, writing, speaking). As an embedded Liaison team member, you'll work with corporate marketing groups and a global localization agency on the localization of marketing materials. This a great fit for someone looking to leverage 2-4 years of project coordination experience and if you are fully fluent in Japanese (reading, writing, speaking).
This full-time, full-benefits Liaison employee position. Up to 2 days per week can be worked remote once you're entirely ramped up and demonstrated your outstanding communication skills!
What you'll do:
- Manage translations of marketing materials to Japanese which includes driving and improving translation quality, processes, and efficiency
- Serve as an intermediary between internal marketing teams and localization agency
- Work with the translation agency on linguist and regional alignment and linguist training/resource materials
- Train stakeholders on the translation submission process and create supporting documentation
- Host weekly meetings with internal marketing teams and localization agency; maintain translations tracker & delivery reporting
- Analyze monthly metrics and track quality control for translations; track mid-project change request costs, impact and delays
- Update and document translation reference materials for internal marketing teams
Background & Experience
- In addition to English proficiency we are seeking native or fluent level Japanese language skills with reading, writing, and speaking. This is a hard requirement
- 2-4 years of marketing experience at the coordinator level
- Project management experience a plus
- Experience working in another country is a plus
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- MS Office
- Knowledge of localization/translation
- Knowledge of technology products is a plus
- Passion for global marketing & appreciation for how cultures play a role in global content
- Strong project management and traffic management skills
- Analytical approach to problem-solving
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Foreign language skill
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral
- Self-starter and highly responsible that can run with minimal guidance
This is a full-time, ongoing employee position on Liaison's team working onsite at the southwest Austin campus of our Fortune 500 semiconductor and technology client. Details will be provided during the interview process. We are seeking candidates with immediate local availability for in-person interviews. If you are applying from outside of central Texas, be sure to provide date-specific unconditional imminent relocation plans in the "How does this opportunity fit you?" portion of our application.
Based on 2-4 years of experience.
Full employee benefits package includes 100% Liaison-paid medical and dental insurance, paid vacation/sick and holiday leave, 401k program with company matching, short- and long-term disability insurance and optional supplemental insurance and life coverage. Details will be provided at time of job offer.