Manager of Software Delivery
Kapsch TrafficComAustin, TX1M ago
Kapsch TrafficCom is seeking a Manager of Software Delivery. As an integral part of the larger North American Tolling Solution Center is responsible for structuring and leading a large SW engineering workforce to deliver innovative software solutions at fast pace in a booming market context, ensuring scalability, quality and efficiency.
This role, Manager of Software Delivery, is responsible for successful software delivery of customer projects of all Kapsch’s Tolling programs across North America. Will be responsible to interact with senior leaders in both Regional operations/project management and Kapsch’s international organization in helping to develop and deliver strategic initiatives to support project delivery across North America. In order to lead these complex transformational programs, the organization needs a leader with a strategic perspective, technical expertise, extensive background in software development, deep understanding of large-scale technical system deliveries, as well as a strong execution and delivery background and the ability to influence a wide range of stakeholders. The right candidate will manage teams supporting and implementing large, complex multi-functional, and multi-location systems.
- Being in charge of Team Leads and their respective Software developers having the technical ownership in medium to large Design & Build tolling projects
- Executes multiple customer related software development projects in parallel
- Coordinates and manages the software development process for specific software projects while driving the Agile process
- Directs the work of cross-functional software teams while working with internal Project Management, Design Engineers, installation and operations staff
- Leads and guides the team to implement development methods based on best practices and implement solutions following innovative technologies and modern software architecture.
- Owns and drives key interactions with business and technology senior management, internal/external user groups to assist and develop delivery approach by ensuring that local and global processes and procedures are complied to
- Ensures successful software project planning, scheduling, execution and delivery
- Effectively develops and manages budget aligned for all project delivery across North America
- Handles escalations of project conflicts/issues with the needed understanding and professionalism
- Takes care of recruitment, resource planning and resource allocation
- Builds and improves team performance, in a high growth market, by building team cohesiveness, leading, mentoring, training and motivating in order to facilitate cooperation, ensure efficiency and boost motivation
What’s in it for you?
- Solving complex problems that improve daily the lives of people around the world
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies in a high-growth industry
- Career growth and stability
- Casual work environment with flexible work hours
- Full benefits package including paid time off, 401(k) and a no-cost medical insurance option for employee and eligible dependents
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering
- 10 years relevant experience with at least 5 years in a supervisory role
- Extensive background in software development including experience in solution architecture, technology architecture, database design and software application design
- Experience and ability to lead a larger teams consisting of 15 or more software development professionals.
- Prior experience as a SCRUM Master, Business Analyst and/or Product Owner
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle Process
- Management skills, including project management capabilities, are required.
- Experience with Software Project Management Tool to track progress.
- Possesses strong leadership and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to interact with senior leadership teams
- Ability to break down complex problems
- Detail oriented with strong people and team skills
- Must be creative, energetic and a team player
Our Top Candidates will have:
- Knowledge of Traffic or Tolling
- Master’s degree
- Knowledge of Azure Cloud environment
- Experience with P&L
- Change Management experience
Kapsch TrafficCom is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex. Kapsch TrafficCom is a drug-free workplace.
Kapsch TrafficCom regrets that presently we are unable to consider individuals for this position who will require sponsorship for employment visa status (i.e., TN, H1-B, OPT)
Unsolicited Third-Party Candidates: Please note that Kapsch TrafficCom does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidates from third-party recruiters that are not engaged and under written contract with Kapsch TrafficCom. Any employment agency, individual or entity that submits an unsolicited resume/candidate acknowledges and understands that Kapsch TrafficCom has the right to hire any applicant at its own discretion without any fee owed or due to the submitting third-party employment agency, individual or entity. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org