Location: Waller Creek Center, 625 E. 10th Street, Austin, Texas
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, with some flexibility. Other hours as required to meet the needs of 24/7 utility operations.
Pay: $45.47 – $60.25
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Engineering, or in a field related to the job, eight (8) years experience in engineering, six (6) years of work experience must be acquired after licensing as a professional engineer and four (4) years of which were in a supervisory capacity.
- A Masters Degree will substitute for up to one (1) year of work experience.
- PhD degree will substitute for up to two (2) years of work experience.
Licenses or Certifications: Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of Texas.
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Proven experience successfully supervising and leading engineering teams or multi-faceted teams performing water and wastewater facility engineering projects
- Experience working with local, state and federal water, wastewater, and reclaimed water utility regulations and industry practices in a large and robust organization
- Strong Water and Wastewater facility engineering, design, construction and operation experience including civil, hydraulics, treatment process, civil, structural, mechanical, electrical and SCADA related projects
- Proven project management and contract management experience including risk management and claim resolutions
- Demonstrated experience in schedule and resource planning, budget and quality controls, and process improvements
- Demonstrated financial knowledge to include fiscal planning, budget management and capital improvement projects
- Experience developing strategic direction for a work team performing duties related to this position and successfully managing tactical execution
- Ability to represent the Division and experience interfacing with a variety of stakeholders through technical writing, verbal communication, and formal presentations
- Ability to travel to more than one work location