Managing Engineer (Process Engineering & Regulatory)
City of Austin Water UtilityAustin, TX24d ago
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Engineering, or in a field related to the job, eight (8) years experience in engineering, six (6) years of work experience must be acquired after licensing as a professional engineer and four (4) years of which were in a supervisory capacity
- A Masters Degree will substitute for up to one (1) year of work experience
- PhD degree will substitute for up to two (2) years of work experience
Licenses or Certifications:
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of Texas
- Experience in developing a strategic plan, managing day-to-day operations to meet division goals, providing support, direction, and mentoring to supervisors and staff in support of water and/or wastewater treatment operations.
- Relevant supervisory or management experience including hiring, assigning work, counseling, coaching supervisors, addressing disciplinary issues, and evaluating employee performance.
- Experience in multiple areas of water treatment facilities, including process evaluation, operations, maintenance, design, and construction.
- Experience in multiple areas of wastewater treatment facilities, including process evaluation, operations, maintenance, design, and construction.
- Experience representing a division with city departments, consultants, contractors, industries, professional associations, and regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrated project management experience, including skill in effective decision-making and planning priorities.
- Experience with budget preparation and monitoring for projects and teams.
- Significant experience interacting with individuals at all levels, including impromptu day-to-day interactions with customers and making presentations to internal and external high-level staff.