Manufacturing Assembly Associate I
Luminex CorporationAustin, Texas2M ago
The limited assignment Manufacturing Assembly Associate Level 1 (night shift: 2:30 pm - 11:00 pm) role will be responsible for the following:
• The assembly, integration of mechanical, fluidic, electronic, optical and electro-mechanical systems.
• System integration testing and troubleshooting for all products in of support quality manufacturing production as a typical day to day requirement.
• Product knowledge, documentation transfer, training and inter-departmental communication also required.
• Performing assigned tasks that utilize their interdisciplinary skills to perform integration troubleshooting and assigned field service tasks.
• Performing set-up, calibration and operation of automated and semi-automated production equipment and fixtures, based on work area.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
• Coordinate with other assembly associates daily in support of integration testing, manual instruction development and production process development. All to support a quality process.
• Hands-on assembly, test and troubleshooting of system builds and re-work.
• Work from documented procedures and maintain quality data.
• Share knowledge and train co-workers and new employees.
• Establish an effective working partnership with other Luminex departments to promote effective communication and transfer knowledge/experience to others.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum Associates degree in technical electronics or mechanical field with one year related manufacturing experience, or 3 years related manufacturing experience.
• Experience with mechanical and electro-mechanical assembly using small size components.
• Experience with compliance to ISO, FDA and other regulatory agencies as well as cGMP, quality process management and implementation is preferred.
• Standard manufacturing practices, workmanship/quality standard and practices.
• Understanding of manufacturing production process.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
• Familiar with ERP and document control software. Oracle and Agile preferred.
Training, Skills and Certifications/Licenses:
• Well-developed communication skills.
• Problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
• Mechanical aptitude.
• The ability to organize work in an efficient manner, in addition to the ability to work well under stress and time pressures.
• Ability to read and understand electrical, mechanical and hydraulic schematic diagrams is preferred.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications is preferred.
• Must work onsite at Luminex office
• No travel is required
• Possible exposure to biological or chemical hazard, extensive noise, and/or working with lasers
• Work situations include dealing with people; working alone and in team environment; making judgments and decisions; developing production processes and manual instructions
• Physical Demands: All positions require standing, stooping, bending, climbing, sitting, kneeling, and lifting Additional physical requirements are listed below:
o Pounds lifted (up to 50 lbs)
o Vision (Color) on the job is required constantly