Morning Personal Trainer - TownLake
YMCA of AustinAustin, Texas17 days ago
Are you passionate about educating others about the benefits of exercise? Join our team of Personal Trainers and help individuals become the best version of themselves.
How you will contribute to our Purpose:
The Y’s purpose is to strengthen the community. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. There are lots of places to work, but few opportunities to do work that really matters. Not only will you have the chance to help children, youth, and adults of all ages reach their potential, you’ll be making a huge difference in your community as well.
What are the Perks?
- FREE membership to all YMCA's of Austin (over $600.00/year value)
- Opportunity to enroll in 403b Savings Account
- Flexible schedules
- Work-life balance
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Employee discounts on programs
- Develop new skills and gain valuable experience
What are the details?
- You conduct personal training sessions with members as scheduled.
- You protect the health, safety, and welfare of all participants by keeping the fitness area safe (i.e., racking weights, keeping floors clear, and fitness equipment clean and sanitized, etc.).
- You encourage members to learn and understand the benefits of exercise and weight training and provide information about other available programs offered through the YMCA.
- You are available to answer questions and address the fitness-related concerns of members.
- You maintain personal training logs, records, & assessments.
- You lead individual or group activities as designated by the Health & Wellness Director.
- You submit proper maintenance requests as needed for repairs and maintenance of fitness equipment.
- You assist with any administrative duties as assigned by the supervisor (i.e., copies, data entry, flyers, etc.).
- You set up and put away equipment as needed.
- You complete other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the Purpose:
- Education and Experience: You must be a minimum of 18 years old and have a high school diploma or equivalent. You must have a current CPR and Personal Training Certification and 2 years of experience working as a trainer. You must have beginner-level fitness skills including some previous fitness experience. Must have the ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- You are a team player. You are a team player with a positive, service-oriented attitude and you can work well with others.
- You are organized and productive. You are organized, able to prioritize tasks and handle multiple assignments.
- You are a strong communicator. You listen for understanding and meaning. You speak and write effectively.
- You foster a culture of inclusion and belonging. You leverage people’s differences as strengths.
- Availability: You can work during these time frames: Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 6:00 a - 1:00 pm and Tuesday and Thursday 6:00 am - 1:00 pm.
Pay Rate: $16.00 - $22.00 per hour, depending on experience
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
The YMCA of Austin provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.YMCA of Austin complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.