Office Admin/ Calibrations Manager
Venable InstrumentsAustin, Texas19 days ago
We are looking for an Office Administrator/Calibrations Manager
Venable Instruments is a small team in South-West, Austin. Joining us you will make important impacts driving growth, customer satisfaction, and revenue. As a member of the team you will be wearing many hats tracking company purchases and receivables, tracking inventory needs, issuing invoices and managing payments, managing the instrument calibration process, directing new sales shipments, and tracking key financial data point.
As a power supply and battery test instrument supplier to key industries including aerospace, defense, technology, and space exploration our doors remain open. The majority of the team is working in the office with safety protocols in place. This role will require working in our South-West Austin office.
To be successful in this role we are looking for experience in Quick Books, Excel, MS Office, email tools and web based shipping applications such as FedEx or UPS. We are looking for 5-10 years experience across accounting functions/ office environments.
We are looking for great attention to detail, enjoy tracking issues to completion, great multi-tasker, with a friendly attitude. Were a small casual company and looking forward to welcoming you to the team.
Manage purchases and company payments while working closely with external accounting firm. Issue POs and track across systems, receive inventory and confirm invoices, coordinate payments to vendors with accounting firm. Submit invoices to accounting firm and manage customer communications. Track revenue across sales, calibrations and repairs. Reconcile accounts on a monthly basis.
Manage key component of sales cycle – Reviewing PO and customer information, confirming existing account within customer AP system, issues invoices, coordinate shipping, and management of incoming payments and outgoing reminders.
Ownership of calibration and repair systems – Using online tools communicate w/ request for calibrations/repairs, provide initial estimates, manage incoming instruments, coordinate internal lab testing and external calibration house vendors, identify bottlenecks and stalled processes, manage instrument time in-house and communicate with customers costs and timing. Manage invoicing, shipments and calibration reporting.
Key responsibilities within inventory management – track shipped finished goods across internal documentation and tracking systems. Manage incoming unfinished inventory, shipping inventory to external vendors, update tracking systems. Process POs for inventory and finished goods purchases.
Office manager and executive assistant - manage building vendors, coordinate repairs, manage office and break room supplies, arrange meetings and resolve any accounting issues with executive team.
Executive team support – Provide support as needed arranging schedules, meetings, mailing along with other tasks.
- Experience in accounting/office management functions 5-10 years
- Deep knowledge of Quick Books and Excel, experience with web based shipping applications including international shipping, MS Office, and email tools
- Ability to multi-task, attention to detail, and comfortable raising concerns about timelines/deadlines
- Comfortable leading a team through weekly tracking meetings
- Great communication skills over phone, email, and in meetings
- Experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable, invoicing, and financial record keeping
- Experience in inventory management a great plus
- Ability to work within the office, following safety protocols
· Please share a cover letter and resume for review.
· Initial conversation via web enabled tool, Go-to-Meeting
· Additional web enabled interviews across Venable Instruments team members
· Final interview outside at our Southwest offices on the patio
Job Type: Full-time
Company PaidHealth insurance
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday