Oracle Database Developer
Kapsch TrafficComAustin, TX17d ago
As part of the database / back-office team, you will work on Oracle 12C Database solutions which store and process toll system transactions and operations data. The systems are highly available and responsible for millions of micro-transactions per day, and represent the most accurate tolling system in the world. You will be responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting existing Oracle stored procedures and reports as well as managing the entire SDLC from requirements interpretation, design, documentation, coding, review, testing, release, and maintenance for new installations. The system is built on top of a set of generic cores that are customized for each client. The position is both centric around reports and data retrieval/updating for both new and existing installations. You will design/develop/support custom report creation for clients; monitor and tune performance; work on ad-hoc reporting and data analysis needs; and provide PL/SQL and data expertise to the development team.
- Discovers and develops new and/or innovative technology product ideas, strategic product extensions or enhancements to existing products for the translation of research discoveries into usable and marketable products.
- Identifies, collects and evaluates new and/or innovative technology products.
- Leads, plans and tracks all phases of the technology product life cycle from inception through introduction into the marketplace.
- Appraises new technology product ideas to determine their potential to address customer needs and to achieve goals in revenue growth and market share.
- Establishes technology product specifications and collaborates with various functions, including engineering, manufacturing, telecommunications, marketing and sales, to ensure successful product development and implementation.
- Performs a range of mainly straightforward assignments.
- Has working knowledge and experience in own area.
- Continues to build knowledge of the organization, processes and customers.
- Uses prescribed guidelines or policies to analyze and resolve problems.
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
What’s in it for you?
- Solving complex problems that improve daily the lives of people around the world
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies in a high-growth industry
- Career growth and stability
- Casual work environment with flexible work hours
- Full benefits package including paid time off, 401(k) and a no-cost medical insurance option for employee and eligible dependents
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years of solid experience writing effective PL/SQL code including bulk processing operations, API stored procedures
- Practical experience working with relational database in production 24x7x365 environment
- Practical knowledge of SQL including aggregation, multiple joins, top row queries, set data manipulation
- Database design experience including data modeling and creation of database objects
- Experience with database tuning
- Ability to deliver according to required tight deadlines
- “Big picture” thinking with regard to design and solution architecting
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Superior English writing and communication skills
- Desire to learn new skills and improve existing ones
Our top Candidates will have:
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or related field
- Experience with Python, Java, Git, Perl
- Experience developing Oracle Application Express (Oracle Apex) reports and applications
- Experience with Linux including shell scripting
- Knowledge of (micro) transactional or tolling systems
- Experience with highly-reliable systems
Kapsch TrafficCom is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex. Kapsch TrafficCom is a drug-free workplace.
Kapsch TrafficCom regrets that presently we are unable to consider individuals for this position who will require sponsorship for employment visa status (i.e., TN, H1-B, OPT)
Unsolicited Third-Party Candidates: Please note that Kapsch TrafficCom does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidates from third-party recruiters that are not engaged and under written contract with Kapsch TrafficCom. Any employment agency, individual or entity that submits an unsolicited resume/candidate acknowledges and understands that Kapsch TrafficCom has the right to hire any applicant at its own discretion without any fee owed or due to the submitting third-party employment agency, individual or entity. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org