City of Austin WaterAustin, Texas6d ago
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Consults with and coaches City and department executives and managers on organizational development, organizational restructuring, leadership, supervisory development, performance measurement and evaluation.
- Leads large cross-functional performance improvement projects and initiatives.
- Leads Citywide and departmental needs assessments by conducting research to identify organization development and performance issues and makes recommendations to City leadership for process improvements based on findings.
- Leads, coaches, or partners with City leadership to address identified development and performance issues.
- Develops, designs, and implements performance improvement for individual workgroups, departments and Citywide.
- Develops and designs evaluation plans for organizational development and performance interventions.
- Coaches and trains others in the use of: strategic planning, business planning, performance management systems, performance measurement and evaluation, process improvement, learning and development.
- Provides facilitation for City leadership by bringing structure to meetings, coaching participants in their roles and responsibilities so as to achieve defined stakeholder outcomes.
- Delivers training using adult learning techniques to learners at all levels of the organization.
- Assists in resolving business process, employee performance, employee development, and teamwork issues.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
Lead multiple citywide initiatives and cross functional project teams as project manager.
Coach executives and managers in leadership effectiveness.
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of public administration, adult learning principles, instructional systems design.
- Knowledge of city practice, policy and procedures.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Skill in planning and organizing.
- Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
- Skill in using computers and related software.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to facilitate.
- Ability to lead and train others.
- Ability to focus on results and help clients focus on results.
- Ability to look at situations systematically, including environmental factors such as competing pressures, environmental constraints, and potential change.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other city employees and the public.
Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four (4) year college or university with major coursework in Human Resource Development or related field, plus four (4) years of experience in organizational development and training.
Experience may substitute for the education up to the maximum of four (4) years.
Licenses or Certifications: None.
- Experience overseeing performance management programs from a holistic approach in accordance with best industry practices to include setting goals for performance, identifying procedures for performance evaluation, gap analysis and designing solutions to close performance gaps to develop high performing teams
- Experience establishing and developing successful business relationships with supervisors, managers, and executives to gain agreement, support and/or buy-in from those partners
- Experience working with data to accurately track performance, identify and analyze trends, and make data driven decisions
- Experience developing and managing programs to develop employee skills that are effective, innovative, creative, and engaging
- Experience focusing on long term solutions that involve and engage employees to impact the overall work environment and produce intended results
- Ability to travel to more than one work location