Product Owner II
Kapsch TrafficComAustin, TX3M ago
The Product Owner is responsible for converting the product vision and strategy as agreed upon by the Product Management organization into highly detailed requirements that will be utilized by the Scrum Team during their engineering efforts. The Product Owner will work closely with Product Managers, business stakeholders and other Product Owners to both understand and contribute to the overall product strategy. This role will interact with a cross functional Scrum Team with products revolving around web applications and back-end database applications. The ability to communicate detailed requirements, including technical requirements related to database development, is critical. The Product Owner will have the ability to shape the future of our products through insights, analysis and the ability to define, communicate and realize a vision. The Product Owner will be responsible for prioritizing the Product Backlog and defining project success in collaboration with the Scrum Team. Through regular alignment with management on direction, the Product Owner has the authority and is accountable for setting priorities and business value associated with each of the User Stories in the backlog(s) they manage. As a liaison for the Business Area, the Product Owner may work with Subject Matter Experts in policy or operations to ensure User Story input includes an accurate level of expertise.
- Lead detailed requirements gathering efforts on the epics as needed — consulting with product management, implementations, clients, and other business stakeholders.
- Author detailed agile user stories with acceptance criteria, and iterate on said user stories with the Scrum Team.
- Prioritize the product backlog items in order to maximize the ROI achieved by the Scrum Team. Work closely with various stakeholders to determine what needs to be built, and when, in order to deliver the maximum business value.
- Attend scrum meetings including stand-ups, retrospectives, and demos.
- Lead backlog grooming to refine and estimate stories.
- Document new features for release notes.
- Demonstrate latest iteration to customers (pre-release) and gather feedback.
- Prioritize the product backlog considering our roadmap, as well as concrete requirements of our customers and the market
- Be an internal "champion" for the supervised product, with everything that belongs to it, such as communication, documentation and presentation
What’s in it for you?
- Solving complex problems that improve daily the lives of people around the world
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies in a high-growth industry
- Career growth and stability
- Casual work environment with flexible work hours
- Full benefits package including paid time off, 401(k) and a no-cost medical insurance option for employee and eligible dependents
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree. A relevant Master's degree is a plus.
- 2+ years of relevant experience as a Business Analyst or Scrum Product Owner, identifying and writing detailed requirements. Previous experience as a software engineer is a plus.
- Experience working in an iterative-based development environment using Scrum.
- Working knowledge of databases and ETL processes, as well as web and mobile applications.
- Comfortable with technology stacks including Java, Angular, Oracle, postgreSQL
- Extensive experience working agile software development tools.
- Understanding of the business value of development decisions and how they affect the sales, margin, and life-cycle of the product.
- Ability to think and plan both tactically and strategically.
- Understanding of business intelligence and how to use data to tell a story.
- Strong analytical skills.
- An appreciation for pragmatism and simplicity in product design.
- Ability to work both independently and in various team settings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Tech savvy with the ability to make sound business recommendations
Our top Candidates will have:
- Experience working in a team environment where team members are geographically dispersed.
- Desire to learn new skills, improve existing ones, and continuously improve professionally with on the job training.
- Experience with Jira and Confluence is a plus
- Experience working with a portfolio of products, with an understanding of the trade-offs when optimizing across product lines
- Prior experience as a technical product owner is a plus.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner is a plus. Other relevant certifications are a plus
Travel in this position is anticipated to be approximately 15%.
Kapsch TrafficCom regrets that presently we are unable to consider individuals for this position who will require sponsorship for employment visa status (i.e., TN, H1-B, OPT)
Kapsch TrafficCom is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex. Kapsch TrafficCom is a drug-free workplace.
Unsolicited Third-Party Candidates: Please note that Kapsch TrafficCom does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidates from third-party recruiters that are not engaged and under written contract with Kapsch TrafficCom. Any employment agency, individual or entity that submits an unsolicited resume/candidate acknowledges and understands that Kapsch TrafficCom has the right to hire any applicant at its own discretion without any fee owed or due to the submitting third-party employment agency, individual or entity. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org