Click here to view additional details or positions at Austin Water, or to apply for this position.
Working with Austin Water provides a number of health and welfare benefits such as low-cost medical, dental, vision, paid leave time, a highly competitive retirement plan, training opportunities, and more. Please click here for more information on benefits.
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a related field, plus three (3) years of experience in construction, engineering, architecture, or related work.
- Experience may substitute for education up to a maximum of four (4) years.
Licenses or Certifications:
- May require a valid Texas driver license.
- Experience in engineering plan review, design, permit review, inspection, construction coordination, engineering project management, and/or construction of water and/or wastewater infrastructure and underground utilities.
- Knowledge with the City of Austin Site plan and subdivision regulations and permitting process.
- Knowledge with the City of Austin Land Development Code.
- Experience communicating City of Austin code & design requirements to a variety of audiences (e.g. City staff, engineers, applicants, the general public).
- Experience in the development of engineering standards & specifications and water and/or wastewater product review.
- Knowledge of Austin Water Utility and Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) water and wastewater design criteria.
- Ability to travel to more than one work location.
$28.15 – $36.59
Mon – Friday: 7:45 AM – 4:45 PM
(limited Teleworking options available)
6310 Wilhelmina Delco Dr. Austin, Tx 78752
Duties specific to this Project Coordinator position include:
- Project plan review and permit application review for permitting. Code interpretation to assist in resolution of conflicts and provide technical support using documentation such as Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ), Austin’s Land Development Code, Utility Criteria Manual, Standard Specifications, Standard Details, and Austin Water Utility policies for site plans, subdivision, Capital Improvement Program, General Permit and special projects for permitting.
- Coordinate with other City Departments and Austin Water Divisions (such as Special Services, Collection System Services, Pipeline Engineering, Distribution System Services, Retail Customer Service, and Systems Planning), City Departments (such as Law, Austin Fire, Development Review, Watershed, Public Works, and Parks), consultants, developers, and landowners during all phases of the project.
- Attend and assist in committee meeting and special projects as assigned.
- Assist in development of short and long-term engineering plans on non-Capital Improvement Program projects by providing input to other Austin Water divisions and City departments.
This position does not require a Criminal Background Investigation