City of Austin WaterAustin, Texas15 days ago
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Communicates project and/or program information to internal and external customers.
- Assists in the development and monitoring of project and/or program budgets by completing assignments that may include processing a pay application or monitoring and updating the assigned project budget.
- Assists in the development of short- and long-range plans on projects or works on routine projects whereby techniques used are well known and present no unusual engineering problems.
- Assists in the development and implementation of operating policies and procedures by providing input as a team member of an established process improvement team.
- Ensures compliance with City and other regulatory agency requirements and policies by verifying that regulatory/permitting processes have been identified and permits or approvals acquired for assigned project.
- Coordinates development/reviews construction or engineering related contracts, contract documents, and Developer Agreements by reviewing preparing and processing project change orders to projects if change orders are appropriate and in compliance or applying technical quality control review.
- Coordinates and evaluates plans, criteria, schedules, etc. for a variety of projects, Programs, and plans or a division and/or section activities.
- Assists in the resolution of conflicts and difficult situations by providing supporting documentation, policies and procedures.
- Develops, maintains, and improves City of Austin design and construction standards.
- Provides technical advice and assistance.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
May provide leadership, work assignments, evaluation, training, and guidance to others.
Duties specific to the Project Coordinator position include:
- Conduct permit application reviews to be in compliance with the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ), the Utility Criteria Manual, Standard Specifications and Details, and Austin Water Utility policies for residential engineered tap plans, commercial site plan exemptions, and subdivisions
- Perform plan completeness reviews and review of plan corrections
- Assist in the resolution of conflicts and provide technical support using documentation such as TCEQ criteria, Utility Design Criteria, Utility Specifications, Utility Standard Details, and Standard Project Lists
- Coordinate during different phases of the project with other Austin Water Divisions (such as Special Services, Collection System Services, Pipeline Engineering, Distribution System Services, Retail Customer Service, and Systems Planning), City Departments (such as Law, Austin Fire, Development Review, Watershed, Public Works, and Parks), design engineers, and landowners
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of basic engineering and architectural design principles, practices, procedures, and estimating techniques.
- Knowledge of project accounting, architectural, and construction methods and the principles, methods, and practices of project management.
- Knowledge of laws, rules, regulations, and codes associated with project assignment.
- Knowledge of budget policies and principles.
- Knowledge of contract management principles, methods, and practices.
- Skill in adapting, interpreting, and applying guidelines and standards.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external customers.
- Skill in using available software packages.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, tact, and diplomacy in all public contacts.
- Ability to schedule and coordinate activities between various parties and planning specific aspects of a project.
- Ability to communicate in oral or written format to a variety of audiences.
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a related field, plus three (3) years of experience in construction, engineering, architecture, or related work.
- Experience may substitute for education up to a maximum of four (4) years.
Licenses or Certifications:
A valid Texas driver license.
- Experience in engineering plan review, design, permit review, inspection, construction coordination, engineering project management, and/or construction of water and/or wastewater infrastructure and underground utilities
- Knowledge of the City of Austin Site plan and subdivision regulations and permitting process
- Knowledge of the City of Austin Land Development Code
- Experience communicating City of Austin code & design requirements to a variety of audiences (e.g., City staff, engineers, applicants, the general public)
- Experience in the development of engineering standards & specifications and water and/or wastewater product review
- Knowledge of Austin Water Utility and Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) water and wastewater design criteria