HomeAway / VrboAustin, TX3M ago
We are seeking a Project Manager to join our Global Customer Experience team. As a Customer Experience (CE) Project Manager, you will focus on implementing large and small-scale projects that drive the strategic goals of the CE organization. You will work cross-functionally to improve CE productivity and efficiency and do so with a deep focus on overall project execution.
What you'll do:
- Collaborating with Customer Experience and other business teams to define, launch, and execute various strategic and operational initiatives.
- Understanding the complexities of projects, for multiple brands with impacts to multiple teams located across the globe.
- Simplifying project delivery by removing ambiguity and creating structure for highly complex activities.
- Leading project planning and delivery; including creating the project timeline, requirements, status reports, issues, risks, dependencies, decisions and budget.
- Facilitating meetings with diverse partner groups (kickoff meetings, status meetings, design sessions, issue resolution meetings, etc.)
- Developing project reporting and governance structures, meeting cadences, and review guidelines.
- Ensuring that decisions are consistent with corporate strategies and future expectations.
- Anticipating information needs, identifying gaps and organizing data and communications cohesively and clearly.
- Regularly assess project risks and opportunities to continually drive process improvements.
- Effectively manage change by influencing and communicating with key partners.
- Creating standard processes and promoting consistency through implementation of a toolkit of project management techniques, templates and processes.
Who you are:
- Organization. Highly organized with an ability to adapt to changing needs and excellent attention to detail.
- Decision making. Identify issues and problems and challenge the status quo by using facts and data to drive decision-making.
- Problem solving. Accurately assess problems and arrive at appropriate solution.
- Teamwork. Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Passion. Show a real passion for building great customer experiences.
- Execution. Drive and manage scope to prioritize and balance multiple strategic projects with business expertise.
- Proactive. Self starter that can independently initiate and manage project dependencies.
- Communication. Demonstrate excellent verbal, written and presented communications with ability to present to all levels and sizes of audience.
- Negotiation. Ability to influence decisions that need to be made to make the project successful.
Experience and Qualification:
- BA/BS degree. MBA or graduate degree in business or technical field a plus.
- 3+ years of project/program management experience with growing levels of responsibility.
- Experience working with in agile and waterfall project management practices.
- Deep knowledge and experience using collaborative project management tools and processes (e.g. JIRA, Smartsheets, Google docs).
- PMP certification or working in a PMO environment preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 10% internationally.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on Vrbo.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.