Public Information Specialist Senior
City of Austin Water UtilityAustin7d ago
Job Location: Waller Creek Center, 625 E. 10th St., Austin, 78701
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., with an on-call rotation; hours may vary to support business needs and the media relations function
Pay Range: $28.01 – $36.41, Commensurate
This position will execute communication and outreach activities associated with implementation of the Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) project known as My ATX Water, including, but not limited to, organizing and leading community outreach meetings, coordinating mailings and other resident notifications about meter installation activities in their neighborhood, drafting and distributing media releases, and providing updates to Council about meter installation activities in their District. This position will be responsible for developing and executing marketing strategies to promote the new MyATXWater web portal to customers to ensure widespread adoption. In addition, this position will be responsible for coordinating and monitoring customer notifications through the MyATXWater customer portal and responding to customer inquiries.
• Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Advertising or related field plus four (4) years of progressive experience in developing and implementing programs of public information, one (1) of which was in a team leader/coordinator capacity.
• Experience may substitute for the education up to the maximum of four (4) years.
• Ability to present technical information in an engaging and polished manner; a poised public speaker.
• Experience developing and implementing innovative and equitable engagement strategies for diverse customers and groups who are impacted by a project.
• Experience identifying and building relationships with populations who have traditionally been underrepresented in City outreach efforts.
• Ability to analyze input from customers to inform program and project planning and facilitate the City’s resolution of issues with impacted stakeholders.
• Strong understanding of virtual and digital community engagement platforms, such as Microsoft Teams, WebEx, SpeakUp Austin, etc.
• Bilingual in Spanish – for both written and spoken communications.
• Familiarity with public information protocols during emergency events, including an understanding of National Incident Management System principles.