TCEQ- Purchaser IV (00029224)
Organization: TEXAS COMMISSION ON ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY
Primary Location: Texas-Austin
Work Locations: Headquarters (582-HQAUS) 12100 Park 35 Circle Austin 78753
Job: Office and Administrative Support
Employee Status: Regular
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
State Job Code: 1933A
Salary Admin Plan: B
Salary (Pay Basis): 3,293.41 - 4,332.08 (Monthly)
Number of Openings: 1
Overtime Status: Exempt
Job Posting: Jan 3, 2023, 10:31:46 AM
Closing Date: Jan 18, 2023, 11:59:00 PM
WE ARE TCEQ
Are you ready to make a positive impact in Texas? At TCEQ, protecting the environment is at the heart of everything we do. Choose a career where your perspective, passion, and skills are valued.
We strive to protect our state’s public health and natural resources consistent with sustainable economic development. Our goal is clean air, clean water, and the safe management of waste.
TCEQ employees get some great perks, including a hybrid work schedule, paid leave, health insurance, and state and federal holidays. See Benefits and Perks at TCEQ.
This position offers an opportunity for a hybrid work schedule with a minimum 2-day work in office.
YOUR FUTURE TEAM
As part of TCEQ Compliance and Enforcement, you would help ensure that those we regulate comply with the state’s environmental laws. See details about what we do.
This position is a member of our Program Support & Environmental Assistance (PSEAD) Division.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a part of the division’s Program Support and Environmental Assistance team, our Purchaser IV will play a key role in achieving TCEQ’s mission. You would use your skills and experience to:
- Perform purchasing and contract management activities related to the acquisition of equipment, supplies, and services for PSEAD.
- Evaluate and award bids; interpret purchasing policies, procedures and advise staff regarding state and agency purchasing regulations; and develop improvements to the divisions purchasing program.
- Negotiate contracts and purchase orders; assist contractors and internal clients, and ensure effective coordination with Legal, Procurements and Contracts, and Contract Accountants in Financial Administration.
- Maintain spreadsheets, databases, and files to include documentation related to each purchase; review invoices to ensure funding is available, and compliance with Prompt Payment Law, and serve as liaison to the Financial Administration Division.
- Reconcile division(s) purchases and ensure accuracy of accounting databases such as Uniform State Accounting System (USAS) and Budget Accounting Monitoring System (BAMS); prepare procurement form requests; verify the outstanding encumbrances and initiate the appropriate methods for correcting errors or liquidating remaining funds; and work with division budget staff.
- Serve as the division ProCard Site Coordinator (PSC). Ensure compliance with purchasing guidelines and the Prompt Payment Law; provide guidance to other division cardholders by reviewing their transaction logs for accuracy and completeness.
- Four years of full-time experience in procurement.
- Five years of full-time experience in administrative capacity* involving purchasing experience and responsibilities.
Fifteen semester hours from and accredited college or university may be substituted for each six months of the required experience.
* Administrative capacity is work where primary duties consist of performing administrative tasks of an office, excluding work such as clerical, secretarial, sales, equipment operations, and manual labor.
- Experience preparing and processing requisitions for the purchase of supplies, equipment and/or merchandise.
- Experience interpreting and translating state procurement laws and regulations and/or applying guidelines to implement purchases.
- Experience utilizing various procurement methods to obtain goods/service, i.e. ProCard/Credit Card, Purchase Order, etc.
- Experience with Comptroller of Public Accounts/Texas Procurement and Support Services software: TxSmartbuy.
TRANSCRIPTS / COLLEGE HOURS OR COURSE WORK
See instructions on how to attach documents. A copy of your official college transcript or evaluation of foreign credentials in CAPPS is required if needed to meet the minimum qualification requirements outlined above.
CURRENT TCEQ EMPLOYEES
This position is also available as a lateral transfer opportunity (LTO) to TCEQ employees within the Purchaser IV state classification. The selected candidate must meet the minimum qualifications of the corresponding job in the Purchaser IV series.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
TCEQ will conduct a criminal history records search, driving history (if required for the job) on candidates offered employment.
In compliance with ADA, if you need any special accommodations during the employment process, please contact HRSS for assistance at (512) 239-0102.
MILITARY OCCUPATIONAL SPECIALTY (MOS) CODES:
Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) codes can be found at: https://hr.sao.texas.gov/CompensationSystem/JobDescriptions/. Please click the hyperlink under ‘Occupational Category’ for the respective Class Title.