Balboa Travel is a full-service travel management company, offering services throughout North America and 110 countries, with a primary focus on corporate travel. The company was established in 1969, and that expertise has grown substantially since our inception, consistently ranking in the top 1% of travel agencies nationwide.
We are currently interviewing professional sales associates to join our Business Development Team. Our team is constantly providing ways to improve awareness in the eyes of our target audience and seeks an individual who can participate in various stages of lead generation. You will get the opportunity to work with a team of high-energy professionals and a reputable corporate travel agency. This position requires assisting in building our sales funnel through cold calling, lead generation and networking.
· Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of Balboa’s travel services, technology and pricing structure
· Identify leads, manage prospects and acquire new business
· Determine prospect needs and propose appropriate service needs
· Meet or exceed the new business sales goals
· Prepare and deliver sales proposals/presentations and follow up with key decision makers
· Scheduling and documenting activities in Salesforce and developing prospective customer profiles
· Complete required pipeline reports and other deliverables in a timely manner and in accordance with company expectations
· Regularly meet with Business Development team to review weekly sales activities, progress on goals and status of prospective customers
· Regular training of company service and technology offerings
· Other duties, as assigned
Balboa Travel is looking for candidates with experience in developing and executing business development. Achieve targets by selling Balboa’s reputable corporate travel services and technology solutions using outbound calling, consultative selling techniques to create positive results for Balboa.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent travel industry experience
· Travel in excess of 40%
· Minimum 5 years travel industry sales experience
· Excellent negotiation, persuasion, presentation skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Proficient in MS Office and Salesforce
· Self-motivated and ability to excel with minimum supervision
· Able to meet deadlines working from home and while traveling
· High integrity
· Excellent listening skills
· Flexible, adaptable, and able to work under stressful situations
· Ability to develop strong relationships with members
· Strategic thinker/visionary
· Excellent analytical skills
This position is based out of Austin Texas. Balboa Travel is focused on making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work. We are a Woman/Minority-Owned Business Enterprise (WMBE) and is a certified Platinum member of the Green Business Bureau. This position has an opportunity to grow into our at home program from any location in Texas.