The Sales Representative – New Sales is responsible for the sale of new commercial, community or events accounts, resolving escalated customer issues and meeting monthly revenue goals.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Meet monthly revenue goals.
- Contact and conduct site visits with potential customers in your assigned territory on a daily basis.
- Make appropriate sales presentations to prospects using approved proposals and proposal brochures.
- Resolve escalated customer issues.
- Quote services at approved rates.
- Enter new contacts, sales activities and account updates.
- Compile a monthly sales report from the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database.
- Attend weekly sales meetings.
- Collaborate with House Account Representatives to transfer responsibility for new accounts ninety (90) days after the sale.
- Prepare and submit required documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or its equivalent and at least one year of outside sales experience;
- Basic proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products – i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook;
- Must exhibit professional telephone and personal presence;
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Must be detail-oriented, demonstrate a strong work ethic and be willing to adapt to change;
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to customer or prospect sites;
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically and problem solve; and
- Must be able to work well with internal customers at all levels of the company.
- College degree
- Experience using a prospect database
- Valid Class C driver’s license