City of Austin WaterAustin, Texas25 days ago
This position reports to the AW Operations & Maintenance Division Manager for Construction & Rehab Services (CRS). This position plans, coordinates and schedules water and wastewater pipelines CIP construction projects. CRS supports Austin Water’s Renewing Austin Program by replacing aging and deteriorated water and wastewater infrastructure and upgrade the infrastructure to current Austin Water standards. CRS also provides support to AW O&M divisions and other city departments when requested.
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates and schedules field construction and maintenance projects. Coordinates and reviews construction- or engineering-related contracts and contract documents.
- Measures work performances against engineering work standards to develop, maintain, and improve City of Austin design and construction standards.
- Tracks status of projects, and reports to management.
- Plans projects by determining crew size and composition, work hour requirements, and equipment requirements.
- Prepares work order schedules, control records, and post schedules.
- Communicates project and/or program information to internal and external customers.
- Ensures compliance with City and other regulatory agency requirements and policies.
- Meets with project managers, engineers, and contractors to discuss designs.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
May provide leadership, work assignments, evaluations, training, and guidance to others.
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of construction projects common to utilities.
- Knowledge of workforce requirements and work output for field construction crews.
- Knowledge of equipment and construction techniques common to utility construction practices.
- Skill in reviewing and summarizing project status reports.
- Skill in maintaining records of project phase.
- Skill in scheduling workforce.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent, plus 3 years of experience in coordination and scheduling of utility infrastructure projects.
- Education may substitute for experience up to two (2) years.
- Experience planning, coordinating and scheduling water and wastewater capital improvement construction projects from planning to construction phases.
- Experience coordinating, reviewing, and providing feedback of design engineered construction plans of water and wastewater pipelines CIP project during all phases (planning, design, and construction)
- Experience monitoring schedule and budget of water and wastewater or other underground utility CIP projects in eCAPRIS or similar project management systems, including entering monthly project progress during construction phase.
- Advanced user of Infor Public Sector (IPS) or similar Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) as it relates to water and wastewater or other underground utility CIP projects
- Experience communicating, collaborating, and coordinating water and wastewater or other underground utility CIP project information to internal and external customers
- Ability to travel to more than one work location.