City of Austin WaterAustin, Texas23d ago
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates and schedules field construction and maintenance projects. Coordinates and reviews construction- or engineering-related contracts and contract documents.
- Measures work performances against engineering work standards to develop, maintain, and improve City of Austin design and construction standards.
- Tracks status of projects, and reports to management.
- Plans projects by determining crew size and composition, work hour requirements, and equipment requirements.
- Prepares work order schedules, control records, and post schedules.
- Communicates project and/or program information to internal and external customers.
- Ensures compliance with City and other regulatory agency requirements and policies.
- Meets with project managers, engineers, and contractors to discuss designs.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
May provide leadership, work assignments, evaluations, training, and guidance to others.
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of construction projects common to utilities.
- Knowledge of workforce requirements and work output for field construction crews.
- Knowledge of equipment and construction techniques common to utility construction practices.
- Skill in reviewing and summarizing project status reports.
- Skill in maintaining records of project phase.
- Skill in scheduling workforce
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent, plus 3 years of experience in coordination and scheduling of utility infrastructure projects.
- Education may substitute for experience up to two (2) years.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Knowledge of the City of Austin site plan and subdivision regulations and permitting process, Austin Water Utility and Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) water and wastewater design criteria and Land Development Code, Austin Water Wholesale contracts, engineering standards & specifications and water and/or wastewater product review
- Experience interacting with and presenting to high-profile customers, Boards and Commissions, and coordinating during different phases of high-profile projects with other Austin Water divisions (such as Special Services, Collection System Services, Pipeline Engineering, Distribution System Services, Retail Customer Service, and Systems Planning), City departments (such as Law, Austin Fire, Development Review, Watershed, Public Works, and Parks), design engineers and land owners
- Experience conducting permit application reviews to ensure compliance with the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ), the Utility Criteria Manual, Standard Specifications and Details, and Austin Water Utility policies for site plans, subdivision, and Capital Improvement Program projects
- Experience performing plan completeness reviews and review of plan corrections, and assist in the resolution of conflicts and provide technical support using documentation such as TCEQ criteria, Utility Design Criteria, Utility Specifications, Utility Standard Details, and Standard Project Lists
- Project management and project tracking experience and assisting in development of short and long-term engineering plans on non-Capital Improvement Program projects by providing input to other Austin Water divisions and City departments
- Experience providing excellent customer service to water and/or wastewater customers/entities/agencies
- Strong writing skills and experience preparing written correspondence with internal and external customers
- Proficiency using Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and other productivity tools, and using Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Ability to travel to more than one work location