ScreenPrinting: Associate Level II
Pay Range: $18.01-$21.00 hourly
Join a high volume, tech-savvy print shop as we continue to set the standard for a Progressive, Customer-Focused, and -- most importantly -- employee-friendly journey.
Bumperactive.com Custom Stickers + Tees is hiring for an experienced, hard-working associate for our Screen printing department! We are hiring (1) full-time team member to join our screen printing team, producing apparel, signs, and assorted merch for campaigns, custom clients and our new Retail Storefront.
Depending on business needs, our single day shift will be split into two separate shifts. One being 7am-330pm, and one from 330pm-12am
Bumperactive is a Progressive and Union (Communications Workers of America Local #6132) print shop in North Austin. While we are a full-service retail printer for anyone who needs top-quality custom stickers, tees, signs and other promotional products, our specialty is printing for Progressive candidates, causes and organizations. In addition to printing for numerous progressive political causes, we also serve Austin's vibrant community of bands, artists and local businesses.
This is an intermediate-level position, requiring 2+ years experience in screenprint production.
Primary functions of this position are to produce and support the production of apparel and other merchandise through the screen print process for retail and webstore clients.
Essential functions/Daily Duties & Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Able to independently setup and run a basic spot color job on each apparel press.
- Able to perform full “staging” and “catching” workflow processes, including referencing size/color/style counts for accuracy, recognizing defects/misprints and how to fix/track them, how to package and process completed projects out of the department, etc
- Basic competency with internal production softwares including OnSite and Bender.
- Able to accurately mix plastisol inks by formula out of the IMS or ColorStar software.
- Familiarity with all current ink types ( plastisol, discharge, solvent)
- Basic operation and support of primary machines for screenprint production and make-ready tasks.
- Aid in peripheral support tasks for production including mixing inks, processing screens, staging blank stock, order packaging, etc
- Help organize and perform inventory.
- Maintains a clean area around printing machinery.
- Help with production troubleshooting
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Some working knowledge of computers and printers.
- Ability to follow instructions and multitask.
- High attention to detail and quality control.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Basic competency with primary production floor machines, including basic troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Ability to fully process a screen, including reclaim, coating, exposure, and prep for press.
Familiarity with thread types, mesh counts, “eom”, emulsion types, etc.
- Unconditioned warehouse
- Involves use of inks and chemicals
- Working near moving mechanical parts
- Moderate to loud noise level (printing equipment, light traffic)
- Constant working interactions with hot printing machines
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs frequently.
- Standing for long periods of time
- Moving self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces.
- Repeating motions and tasks that include the wrists, hands and/or fingers on a daily basis.
- Operating machinery and/or power tools.
- Physically able to operate printing machines.
- Able to bend or kneel frequently.
- Moderate physical stamina
- Minimal- less than 5%
Required education and experience
- Minimum 2+ years experience in the department, or related relevant experience
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Bumperactive provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, genetic information, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.