All About People787012M ago
All About People Professional Staffing has been retained by amazing global organization headquartered right here in Downtown Austin to recruit a Senior Accountant for a newly created role.
The Senior Account will be a key member of the Accounting department reporting to the Controller (CPA). Successful candidates will be able to manage priorities, perform detailed research and analysis, and assist with all functional areas of accounting.
- Be responsible for accurate and timely month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close procedures for assigned balance sheets and income statement accounts (including preparing and/or reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations and roll forward schedules)
- Demonstrate the ability to perform technical accounting research as well as good professional judgment in selecting methods and techniques for arriving at accounting solutions.
- Maintains and balances accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Monthly accruals - analyze revenues and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately
- Prepare complex monthly account reconciliations
- High capacity to research and report on multi-state sales tax is a must. Foreign tax experience preferred but can train the right candidate
- Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances
- Assist with financial and tax audits
- Coordinate and prepare complex balance sheet reconciliations (Specifically Billed / Unearned, Earned/Unbilled and Project related pre-paid accounts).
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- 5+ years accounting/finance experience; CMA or CPA preferred
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting / Finance
- Longevity in past position(s) required
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving skills and attention to details
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Recent Great Plain experience required
- Salary: Commensurate to experience