Senior Interactive Designer/Researcher - VSA
GovernmentCIORemote; Anywhere in US1M ago
GovernmentCIO is looking for an organized, visionary professional to join our team as a Senior Designer/Researcher overseeing government digital services and working with a team of highly skilled professionals transforming government IT. We are looking for an IT Practitioner with commercial experience transforming systems and services leveraging concepts in the Digital Services Playbook with a focus on user-centered agile delivery processes. As the Senior Designer/Researcher, you will apply your advanced research and design skills to focus on constant reinvention of convenience for our users and being an advocate for them through great design.
GovernmentCIO aims to transform government IT by delivering the technology-related innovation necessary to improve governmental operations every day. Come transform government IT with us. Apply today!
- Plan and execute user research, including moderating qualitative interviews, running usability studies, and compiling and presenting results
- Provide design work for discovery artifacts, sketches and rough prototypes, Wireframes, UX flows, High fidelity prototypes, design library contributions
- Serve as functional expert on specific subject matter; subject matter could include but not limited to Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Cloud Computing, Enterprise Architecture (EA), Business Process Engineering, Systems Development, Systems Implementation, Application Development, Database Administration, Oracle Development, Oracle Administration, IT Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC), Java Developer, Java Programmer, Drupal, .Net Developer, .Net Programmer, IT Security, Agile Development, User Interface Design, Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, etc.
- Candidate interfaces with internal and Government management personnel.
- Reports to internal and Government management.
- Ability to engage with stakeholders in order to obtain required information
- Facilitation related to research of and for application users
- Design skill mastery
- Experience in commercial experience transforming systems and services leveraging concepts in the Digital Services Playbook with a focus on user-centered agile delivery processes
- Literacy, or a solid understanding of related technical skills, including things like APIs, databases, front end technologies
- Ability to collaborate with others including owning the full life cycle of a problem, knowing what steps to do when, and attention to detail
- Defining goals for discovery process with ability to synthesize and interpret information
- Ability to analyze design quality
- Ability to present and facilitate a design critique
- Analysis of a design system as a whole, and the development of new patterns
- Ability to execute:
o User research plans, usability studies, and other research-related tasks
o sketches and rough prototypes
o low-fidelity wireframes using collaborative tools
o UX flows – process maps, journey maps
o High-fidelity prototypes - Prototypes that showcase visual design elements, built in a tool such as Sketch. Can also include other visual artifacts including style tiles, mood boards etc.
o Design library contribution
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BA (or demonstration of ability to satisfy the necessary education) with 5-8 years of technical experience providing internal/external consulting services to management and technical staff in solving complex IT issues.
- Position requires competence in field of expertise, such as technology assessment, feasibility studies and cost/benefit analyses, requirements analysis, workshop facilitation, hardware and software evaluation, and business process re-engineering.
- Candidates possess knowledge of state-of-the-art in information technology and systems management. Recognized leader in the field of expertise.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Desired skills and experience:
- Working knowledge of USDS playbook and VA Digital Services Handbook
- Mentorship - Provide direct and impactful feedback in program team critiques and engages peers in their work. Seeks out feedback from other designers to grow their own skills.