Senior Technical Writer
Liaison Creative+MarketingAustin, Texas18 days ago
Overview: Join a global leader in the hardware/software space leading efforts with commerce team
Location: Austin, Texas
Compensation: based on 5-7 years of experience
Hours/Duration: Full-time schedule, ongoing employment expected after initial 12 months with possible extension.
Liaison Creative + Marketing is hiring a Senior Technical Writer to join our remote team supporting our high-tech corporate client, a global leader in hardware and software. Focused on digital experiences and content optimization, this role will collaborate with corporate partners to improve processes and to help them engage with data-driven insights based on research, best practices, and competitive analysis.
• Work with the ecommerce platform team that has built an internal set of tools (CMS, PIM) as they consolidate digital ecosystems into one platform
• Apply your knowledge, skill, and experience to make technical documentation meaningful and accessible for end-users
• Collaborate with technical staff to make products easier to use and thus need fewer instructions
• Incorporate photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users' understanding
• Standardize content across platforms and media, gather usability feedback from customers, designers, and manufacturers to build.
• We can only accommodate remote employees who currently live in MN, TX, NC, UT, or TN. If you do not currently live in one of these states, we cannot process your application
How to be a top candidate for this job:
• Undergraduate degree and five years of relevant experience as a Technical Writer, preferably some hardware/software client work
• An online portfolio that shows samples of strategy and work containing some of the following: content plans, task/gap analyses, content audits, content models, KPI/metrics criteria definition, SEO mapping and alignment, content mapping and outlines, customer research, narrative design and storytelling, client workshops and presentations, and support for prototype development and usability testing
• Experience with documenting APIs, the principles of design thinking, agile, or lean process working across functions in a global, matrixed organization
• Experience conducting or partnering with third parties on qualitative and quantitative research and analyzing results for digital user experiences and products
• A solutions-oriented personality
• Basics of agile process
• Microsoft Office
• Full employee benefits package includes 100% Liaison-paid medical and dental insurance
• Paid vacation/sick and holiday leave
• 401k program with company matching
• Short- and long-term disability insurance
• Paid group term life insurance
• Optional supplemental insurance and life coverage
• Optional Pet Insurance
• Those enrolled in our medical plan get free enrollment in our Wellness Program and Employee Assistance Program.