Student Loan Collector- Austin TX
Peak PerformersAustin, TXa month ago
Peak Performers may have an opportunity for you! We have partnered with The State of Texas to recruit for a Student Loan Collector in Austin, Texas.
As a loan collector, you will perform routine loan collection activities in the Borrowers Services’ Call Center. This work involves responding to a high volume of phone calls related to student loans and other financial aid programs, including loan origination, account servicing, and loan recovery efforts, applying appropriate Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and Fair Debt Collection Practice Act (FDCPA) standards.
- A high school diploma and two or more years of loan collection experience, preferably in the same company, in a high-volume, service-oriented call center, preferably with student loans.
- Your experience includes researching issues and addressing and resolving customer inquiries quickly and professionally, with the ability to help borrowers get on track with loan payments.
- You have the knowledge and ability to appropriately apply the Federal, State and local ordinances related to loan collection activities.
- Handle inbound and outbound telephone calls related to student loans.
- Respond to complex phone inquiries regarding the requirements, application status, approval process and disbursement of new student loans.
- Answer a high volume of phone inquiries regarding loan origination, account servicing, and loan recovery efforts.
- Provide customers with information on loan payment options.
- Assist customers with inquiries on account status, deferment and forbearance requirements, repayment terms and options, and payoff balances.
- Process check-by-phone payments and ensures payments are applied appropriately.
- Update customer demographics and documents account activities.
- Explain rules, regulations, and policies related to student loan services
Compensation: $18.00/per hour (w2)
Project Term: 6 months
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM (40 hours/week)
Work location: Currently Remote
What's it like to work for Peak Performers?
- Qualified applicants with chronic medical conditions and/or disabilities receive job preference.
- Our clients can hire you at any time - with no fee! We want you to get hired.
- We pay weekly through direct deposit.
- We offer ACA compliant health insurance after 60 days.
- In business since 1994, our relationships span 25 years and thousands of job placements.
All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws.
Applicants for employment with Peak Performers must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.
Peak Performers is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, family/parental status, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Peak Performers does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.