Location: 2600 Webberville Rd, Austin, TX 78702
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. May work other hours as required.
Pay: $42.50 – $56.31, commensurate
Position Overview: The Supervising Engineer will oversee the team that implements Capital Improvement Projects (CIP) in the Wastewater Collection System. Current CIP budget for Wastewater Pipeline Projects is $187M for five (5) years (FY22 to FY26). In addition to managing and overseeing CIP projects, this position will also oversee the team responsible for managing the contract to respond to larger wastewater emergencies in the collection system, that exceed City crew capacity.
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Engineering, plus eight (8) years of related experience acquired either before and/or after licensing as a professional engineer, including two (2) years of which were in a lead or supervisory capacity.
- Licenses or Certifications: Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of Texas.
- Experience in capital improvement project planning and management including project tracking, preparation of cost analysis, budgets and schedules, negotiating proposals for implementation, and monitoring performance against goals.
- Experience successfully leading a team responsible for projects and monitoring their activities to ensure successful project outcomes.
- Experience in project management and project sponsorship, overseeing projects related to the design, construction, and rehabilitation of wastewater lines.
- Experience successfully interacting with and coordinating the efforts of a variety of individuals, teams, and external departments or groups to meet the needs of internal and external customers.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated experience in planning, organizing, and working with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Experience responding to emergencies outside of normal business hours and managing the staffing of an on-call emergency response schedule.
- Strong technical writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to travel to more than one work location.