Job Location: 6310 Wilhelmina Delco Dr. Austin, Texas 78752
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, with some flexibility, other hours as required to meet the needs of 24/7 utility operations
Pay Range: $42.50 – $56.31, Commensurate
• Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Engineering, plus eight (8) years of related experience acquired either before and/or after licensing as a professional engineer, including two (2) years of which were in a lead or supervisory capacity.
• Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of Texas.
• Bachelor degree or higher in Civil or Environmental Engineering
• Experience producing positive outcomes through leading teams which perform tasks related to reviewing, permitting, construction oversight and/or overall management of development projects or programs for on-site water, wastewater and/or reclaimed water infrastructure, including dual plumbing systems
• Experience with planning, engineering, and permitting on-site alternative water reuse facilities including, for example, rainwater and stormwater harvesting systems, blackwater and greywater systems, and reclaimed water infrastructure
• Experience with the City of Austin and State of Texas water and wastewater design criteria, standards, specifications, rules, and regulations, City’s development processes including the permitting and plan review processes and experience in conducting public involvement and outreach events to create meaningful opportunities for public input
• Experience communicating code requirements verbally and in writing to city plan review and inspections staff, architects, contractors, developers and the general public
• Experience performing complex analysis, such as interpreting code provisions in order to determine compliance with or deviation from application codes and the analysis of alternate methods of compliance or performance-based designs
• Knowledge of and ability to recognize building codes (mechanical, electrical and plumbing), and related State and Local zoning regulations and knowledge of construction practices
• Experience interacting effectively with the public to resolve challenging and highly technical engineering and customer issues in a fast paced and high stakes environment