Working with Austin Water provides a number of health and welfare benefits such as low-cost medical, dental, vision, paid leave time, a highly competitive retirement plan, training opportunities and more. Please click HERE for more information.
Austin Water is currently hiring for the following positions: Supervising Engineer (Project Connect - Mobility & Relocations)
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Minimum Qualifications For Austin Water:
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Engineering, plus eight (8) years of related experience acquired either before and/or after licensing as a professional engineer, including two (2) years of which were in a lead or supervisory capacity.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of Texas.
- Experience in capital improvement project planning and management including project tracking, preparation of cost analysis, budgets, and schedules, negotiating proposals for implementation, and monitoring performance against goals.
- Experience successfully leading a team responsible for projects and monitoring their activities to ensure successful project outcomes.
- Experience in project management and project sponsorship, overseeing projects related to the design, construction, and relocation of wastewater lines including working successfully with state and local governmental agencies and departments in underground utility design and construction involving major road reconstruction and relocation of water and wastewater lines along State Highways and County roads.
- Experience successfully interacting with and coordinating the efforts of a variety of individuals, teams, and external departments or groups to meet the needs of internal and external customers.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated experience in planning, organizing, and working with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Strong technical writing, presentation, and communication skills.
- Ability to travel to more than one work location.
Division Name: Wastewater Collection Sys Eng
Pay Range: $42.71 – $56.59
Criminal Background Investigation: This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation.