Supervising Engineer (Systems Planning - Water)
City of Austin WaterAustin, TX4M ago
Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Engineering, plus eight (8) years of related experience acquired either before and/or after licensing as a professional engineer, including two (2) years of which were in a lead or supervisory capacity.
Licenses or Certifications:
Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of Texas.
- Experience and skill in supervising teams of engineering and technical staff in system planning, system analysis, hydraulic analysis, and GIS analysis
- Knowledge in tools and methods used in hydraulic modeling of water transmission and distribution systems; experience in water system modeling and analysis, experience in water system hydraulic performance analysis, and experience with geographic information systems (GIS)
- Knowledge and experience in tools and methods used in water system hydraulic testing including, but not limited to, fire flow testing, C-factor testing, water pressure monitoring, and water pump performance evaluation.
- Knowledge and experience in water distribution and transmission system infrastructure planning and analysis including short- and long-range planning and experience in demand versus capacity analysis
- Strong understanding and comprehension of fluid mechanics, hydraulics, and hydrology
- Strong technical writing, presentation, verbal, graphical, and other communication skills