TCEQ - Systems Analyst IV (00028286)
Organization: TEXAS COMMISSION ON ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY
Primary Location: Texas-Austin
Work Locations: Headquarters (582-HQAUS) 12100 Park 35 Circle Austin 78753
Job: Computer and Mathematical
Employee Status: Regular
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
State Job Code: 0255
Salary Admin Plan: B
Salary (Pay Basis): 4,301.16 - 6,200.00 (Monthly)
Number of Openings: 1
Overtime Status: Exempt
Job Posting: Jan 3, 2023, 4:25:31 PM
Closing Date: Jan 18, 2023, 11:59:00 PM
Reopen: Applicants that have already applied do not need to apply again.
WE ARE TCEQ
Are you ready to make a positive impact in Texas? At TCEQ, protecting the environment is at the heart of everything we do. Choose a career where your perspective, passion, and skills are valued. We strive to protect our state’s public health and natural resources consistent with sustainable economic development. Our goal is clean air, clean water, and the safe management of waste.
TCEQ employees get some great perks, including a hybrid work schedule, paid leave, health insurance, and state and federal holidays. See Benefits and Perks at TCEQ.
This position offers an opportunity for a hybrid work schedule with a minimum 2-day work in office.
YOUR FUTURE TEAM
As part of TCEQ Administrative Services, you would help support the logistical and operational structure for TCEQ statewide -- the business foundation for the whole agency. See details about what we do.
This position is a member of our Information Resources Division.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a part of the division’s Business Automation team, our Systems Analyst will play a key role in achieving TCEQ’s mission. You would use your skills and experience to:
- Lead and perform duties involving the coding, troubleshooting, and delivery of computer systems for the TCEQ.
- Implement and/or lead the enhancement and maintenance of existing systems to ensure methods, processes, or systems evolve with the business needs of the agency while adhering to agency IT standards.
- Oversee and/or perform test activities and evaluate results. Guide and assist others with user acceptance testing.
- Design and implement in ColdFusion/Java along with SQL to enhance or maintain agency applications.
- Prepare or direct the presentation of project documentation that models current and proposed systems, and project status.
- Analyze data, create data migration plans, verifies and validates data migrations, and identifies data issues before and after migrations.
- Communicate with customers, management, consultants, and staff to gather and disseminate information on software development projects.
- Five years of full-time experience in systems administration, business process analysis and modeling, application development or system and application design.
- A master's degree from an accredited college or university, or technical college with a major in computer science, computer information systems, management information systems, mathematics or a related field plus two years of the required experience.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, or technical college with a major in computer science, computer information systems, management information systems, mathematics or a related field plus three years of the required experience.
- Completion of 18 semester hours (27 quarter hours) in computer science, computer information systems, management information systems, mathematics or related field plus four years of the required experience.
- Two years of full-time TCEQ experience as a Systems Analyst III.
- Experience analyzing and documenting IT business processes.
- Experience performing project manager activities for IT projects.
TRANSCRIPTS / COLLEGE HOURS OR COURSE WORK
See instructions on how to attach documents. A copy of your official college transcript or evaluation of foreign credentials in CAPPS is required if needed to meet the minimum qualification requirements outlined above.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
TCEQ will conduct a criminal history records search, driving history (if required for the job) on candidates offered employment. In compliance with ADA, if you need any special accommodations during the employment process, please contact HRSS for assistance at (512) 239-0102.
Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) codes can be found at: https://hr.sao.texas.gov/CompensationSystem/JobDescriptions/. Please click the hyperlink under ‘Occupational Category’ for the respective Class Title.
Texas Commission on Environmental Quality is an Equal Opportunity Employer.