Teen Coach - Community Programs
YMCA of AustinAustin, Texas 7870221 days ago
How you will contribute to our Purpose:
The Y’s purpose is to strengthen community. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. There are lots of places to work, but few opportunities to do work that really matters. Not only will you have the chance to help children, youth, and adults of all ages reach their potential, you’ll be making a huge difference in your community as well.
The YMCA of Austin Community Programs team is looking for a qualified individual to support the YMCA Summer Teen Leadership program, SummerVibes. The Teen Coach will support the SummerVibes program. Teens at the North Austin YMCA and East Communities YMCA will participate in an 8-week summer program to learn, have fun, and grow as young adults. Teen Coach will facilitate lessons (cooking, money management, painting, and more) as well as provide supervision when teens utilize Y gaming rooms and gym. The SummerVibes Program begins in June and ends on August 6, 2021.
What are the details?
- Develops program teen's leadership skills.
- Leads and facilitates cooking, money management, and painting lessons.
- Assists program participants with their resumes.
- Assists in team-building activities.
- Manages day-to-day program operations.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the Purpose:
- Availability: You have the availability to work Tuesday, 12:30-4:30 and Thursday, 12:30-4:30.
- Education & Experience: High school diploma or GED. Pursuing a career in Leadership Development and has experience working in a Teen Programming setting.
- Organized and Productive: You establish clear goals and effectively implement tasks and plans to accomplish them in a timely manner. You operate well in a deadline-driven environment.
- Growth Mindset: You quickly learn from failure and value feedback in the effort to continuously improve
- Flexible: You can work in an ambiguous environment and demonstrate an openness to change in service of our organization and departmental goals.
- Inclusion: You foster a culture of inclusion and belonging. You leverage people’s differences as strengths
Pay Rate: $15.00 per hour
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
The YMCA of Austin provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. YMCA of Austin complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.