Utility Account Analyst
City of Austin WaterAustin, Texas25 days ago
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Researches utility usage, determines average consumption, verifies and calculates rates, and investigates high costs or other anomalies for possible causes and resolution. Provides innovative and customized usage and billing solutions and recommendations.
- Extracts data and presents facts to customers providing utility reports, as needed, for management of usage and cost.
- Researches and determines requirements for subdivision development, re-subdivision, and water and wastewater service extensions.
- Evaluates site/lot plans, criteria, etc. for a variety of projects, programs, and activities.
- Manages assigned utility projects from initiation to completion. Maintains, safeguards, and provides original documents of record.
- Presents arguments and reasoning as an advocate representing the utility in hearings, investigations, examinations, or other arenas where disputes are addressed.
- Develops, revises, and implements procedures and processes to facilitate the provision of services to customers.
- Recruits and serves as a point of contact for utility programs.
- Develops, implements, and delivers training in a variety of formats and venues.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
May lead others.
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of the applicable principles, laws, rules, regulations, and practices of utility service operations.
- Knowledge of City practice, policy, and procedures.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in using computers and related software.
- Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to lead others.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with City employees and the public.
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in a related field, plus four (4) years of experience providing customer service for a utility or another commercial/government organization, or other experience related to the job.
- Experience may substitute for education up to a maximum of four (4) years.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting/auditing and billing procedures and systems
- Demonstrated ability to devise and present solutions to complex problems through highly analytical thinking and application of effective investigation, research and analysis methods
- Demonstrated skill responding to and resolving escalated issues and disputes, applying effective conflict resolution techniques
- Experience in data analysis and reporting results
- Demonstrated skill in oral and written communication which includes presentations, sensitive customer/client correspondence, reports and process documentation
- Experience and skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing in a dynamic environment
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Word