Utility Chief Support Services Officer
City of Austin WaterAustin, Texasa month ago
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Oversee operational area projects and assist with optimizing performance and implementing industry best practices throughout Austin Water.
- Plans, organizes, and directs, audits and controls for multiple disciplines aimed to protect or enhance people, processes, facilities and structures within Austin Water.
- Create or implement Security and Facility standards, mitigation strategies, policies and procedures.
- Analyzes employee and business needs and develops short and long range strategies, and implements action plans to meet those needs.
- Develops and monitors the assigned budget, and ensure Business Service units comply with purchasing procedures.
- Develops Corporate Security measures, oversee contracted security guard services, and implements new processes.
- Administers contracts and vendors to ensure delivery of agreed upon deliverables.
- Prepares and reviews reports as part of the process of monitoring and communicating performance results.
- Recommends major purchases and expenditures
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
- Responsible for the full range of supervisory activities including selection, training, evaluation, counseling, and recommendation for dismissal.
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and Local laws, ordinances, policies
- Knowledge of supervisory and managerial techniques and principles.
- Knowledge of businesses planning methodologies
- Knowledge of budgeting methods and systems.
- Knowledge of process improvement methodologies.
- Skill in oral and written communications.
- Skill in handling conflict and uncertain situations.
- Skill in using software applications to perform data analysis and problem solving.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to train and mentor others.
- Ability to provide leadership across the Utility.
- Ability to analyze and resolve irregular events.
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or in a field related to the job, plus seven (7) years of related experience, two (2) years of which were in a managerial capacity.
- Master’s degree may substitute for two (2) years of the required experience.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Familiarity with Security Management, Facilities Management or Emergency Management operations, and experience overseeing these or similar support services that provide excellent service to internal/external customers
- Experience serving in a leadership role implementing business continuity efforts during emergency activations
- Planning and project management experience, and the ability to develop and implement long range and master plans for enhanced service delivery, ensuring that stakeholders needs are considered and plan objectives are achieved
- Experience implementing industry standards, best practices, and performance measures to drive improvement in support services
- Familiarity with procurement of goods & services, and the ability to administer contracts and vendors to ensure delivery of agreed upon deliverables
- Ability to develop and monitor large budgets for Capital Improvement Projects and Operations & Maintenance
- Ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with City employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to travel to more than one work location