Utility Maintenance I
City of LeanderLeander, TX, United States16 days ago
Summary: Utilizes physical labor to assist in water and wastewater repairs, replacement, excavation, meter installation and taps. Operates equipment associated with maintenance and construction of water and sewer main projects. Maintains and operates the City's wastewater treatment plant system in a safe, effective and efficient manner, using technical expertise that follows generally accepted practices and procedures. Worker must be able to be scheduled for "on-call" rotation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Repair water and wastewater mains; clean and prepare pipe for repairs; install repair parts and evaluate effectiveness of repair.
- Install wastewater taps, water taps and meters; prepare pipe and fittings, tab main by hand or machine and install service to property line.
- Assist in excavation: operate air hammer to break rock and asphalt; use pick and shovel to remove dirt and rock from hole, use probe to locate pipe.
- Clean wastewater lines; use hand and/or machine rods to unclog or clean main.
- Miscellaneous jobs: install fire hydrants, valves, manholes and clean outs; other jobs as assigned.
- Clean, maintain tools and equipment. Load and unload trucks.
- Subject to after-hours call out for emergency situations including on call rotation and special events.
Required Education and/or Experience:
High School Graduation or G.E.D. and one to two years related experience and/or training, or an Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
Associate's degree (A.A./A.S.) or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Possession of a valid Texas Class B CDL or the ability to obtain one within 9 months of the hire date; must have a basic first aid certificate or the ability to obtain one within 9 months of the hire date and must maintain appropriate licenses and certificates. No certifications required at the time of employment but must obtain a TCEQ Class "I" Collection License and/or a TCEQ "D" Water License within 9 months of hire date.