Wedding and Events Sales Manager
Vintage Villas Hotel & EventsAustin, TX7 days ago
Vintage Villas is looking for a detailed-oriented, organized, and creative event sales manager. In addition to selling and managing weddings, social events, and corporate meetings, the position will also act as day-of wedding coordinator.
This is a sales and coordination position for weekend weddings and mid- week corporate events. Vintage Villas Hotel & Events is primarily a wedding driven hotel.
Qualified candidate should be energetic, calm under pressure, and have excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively sell events through prospecting, cold calling, sales reporting, attending industry events, lead generation, yield management and customer service skills, etc.
- Responsible for all communication with wedding & event clients, from initial contact through the day of event. Stay up-to-date with all subsequent client emails, phone calls, and follow-up meetings. Conduct and lead tours with potential clients and venue site visits for booked events.
- Act as day-of wedding coordinator for all weddings booked. Communicate with Vintage Villas event staff and outside vendors to ensure a perfect wedding day for all clients.
- Finalize menus, event timelines, and floor plans. Conduct final walkthroughs and prepare all invoices.
- Create event orders and effectively communicate event details with all other departments within the hotel.
- Create and maintain organized and detailed client files.
- Actively participate in local community and events/wedding trade organizations
- Assist clients with recommendations for choosing the professionals/vendors necessary to perform all aspects of each event.
- Show initiative in helping to improve and streamline processes for all sales and events.
- Enforce & abide by Vintage Villas policies and procedures related to the cleanliness and safety of work area.
- Performs other duties as appropriate for a successful operation.
- Ideal candidate will have experience (up to 2 years) of proven success with weddings, event coordination, and/or corporate hotel sales.
- Outstanding communication, organization, and customer service skills.
- Experience coordinating and working weddings, social events, and/or corporate meetings.
- Experience in general outside sales techniques – Prospecting, cold calling, sales reporting, attending industry events, lead generation, yield management and customer service skills, etc.
- Ability to tour, meet with clients, work weekends/evenings, attend industry events, participate in trade organizations and attend local trade shows.
Job Type: Full-time 9AM – 5PM with generally two weekdays off.