Welcome Center Staff - Springs
YMCA of AustinSpring, Texas15 days ago
Are you looking to work with a dynamic team? We are hiring passionate and friendly individuals who are looking to make a difference and bring joy to the community! Join our Membership team by becoming a Welcome Center team member.
How you will contribute to our Purpose:
The Y’s purpose is to strengthen community. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. There are lots of places to work, but few opportunities to do work that really matters. Not only will you have the chance to help children, youth, and adults of all ages reach their potential, you’ll be making a huge difference in your community as well.
What are the Perks?
- Individual membership to all YMCA's of Austin (over $600.00/year value)
- Opportunity to enroll in 403b Savings Account
- Flexible schedules
- Work-life balance
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Employee discounts on programs
- Develop new skills and gain valuable experience
What are the details?
- You enthusiastically engage and greet each member/guests that come into the YMCA.
- You may be required to open or close the facility and have key-holding responsibility.
- You provide excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the Y and on the phone, contributing to member retention.
- You provide Cause Driven tours to potential new members and use Listen First skills before and during the tour.
- You follow branch protocols for prospective members.
- You keep informed of all branch activities & schedules in order to provide exceptional member service.
- You handle and resolve membership concerns and informs the supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
- You reconcile end-of-shift money received through the sale of membership, merchandise, mini-camp, and program registrations.
- You complete other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the Purpose:
- Education and Experience: You are a minimum of 16 years old and have some experience in customer service. Bilingual (English and Spanish) is preferred.
- You are a team player. You are a team player with a positive, service-oriented attitude and you can work well with others.
- You are organized and productive. You are organized, able to prioritize tasks and handle multiple assignments.
- You are a strong communicator. You listen for knowledge and meaning. You speak and write effectively.
- You foster a culture of inclusion and belonging. You leverage people’s differences as strengths.
- Availability: You have the availability to work during facility hours; Monday- Friday, 8:00 am - 6:00 pm, Saturday 8:00 am - 6:00 pm, Sunday 12:00 - 6:00 pm.
Pay Rate: $9.00 - $10.000 per hour, depending on experience
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
The YMCA of Austin provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.YMCA of Austin complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.