Applications Support Engineer
HealthTronicsNW Austin6M ago
For over 25 years, HealthTronics has extended access to a wide range of medical treatment options to help physicians and hospitals focus on what matters most – delivering high quality patient care. We do this by mobilizing a broad array of minimally invasive medical therapies so that they are available where and when they are needed.
We are currently seeking an Applications Support Engineer who is responsible for managing, troubleshooting and enhancing the enterprise applications used by the company. This includes configuration, planning, maintenance, training, documentation, software upgrades, testing and troubleshooting across a wide array of application services. These diverse applications include billing, service management, scheduling, logistics and off the shelf ERP systems.
This is a highly visible role within the organization and will be in the forefront of supporting our internal customers to effectively service our customers and business goals.
The position reports to the Director of Applications.
- Own continuous functioning and uptime of our mission critical applications ensuring there is no service disruption to our internal and external customers.
- Provide timely solutions for critical issues with the applications providing effective short-term and long-term solutions. This will require coordinating with vendors for solutions as well as hands-on troubleshooting, such as SQL queries, and problem-solving approaches.
- Assist in identifying interfaces required for applications with other systems; collaborate with implementation vendor/external consultant to design, configure and test interfaces.
- Coordinate change management documentation and activities for enterprise applications.
- Coordinate new software releases, production fixes and upgrades with technical teams and users.
- Develop and document system configurations, procedures and hardware as appropriate.
- Provide technical support and guidance to system users; work closely with internal and external service providers as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Information Systems or related field; or equivalent work experience is required.
- A high degree of flexibility and adaptability commensurate with working on a small technology team.
- Problem Solving and trouble-shooting skills with the ability to identify issues quickly and effect short-term and long-term solutions.
- Strong customer service skills.
- A wide breadth of knowledge in a variety of technologies including, databases, front end technologies, networking and webserver management.
Why Should You Apply?
- Small team and opportunity to work in a diverse environment and technologies.
- Inclusive and supportive team culture.
- Full benefits including medical, dental, & vision.
- Company matched 401(k).
- 15 days of Paid Time Off (PTO.)
HealthTronics is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. HealthTronics will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.