City of LeanderLeander, TX, United States15 days ago
Summary: Responsible for professional planning work which involves assisting with current and long range planning activities and special studies of the City. Perform reviews of subdivisions, zoning, site development, and building plans. Assist the general public and applicants with questions regarding City development regulations and procedures. Provide other assistance as directed related to the processing of applications within the Planning Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with professional work related to a variety of planning assignments.
- Assist with the review and processing of comprehensive plan amendments, ordinance amendments, re-zonings, annexations, site plans, subdivision and building permit applications.
- Review residential and commercial building plans for compliance with the City Zoning Ordinance.
- Assist in the preparation of reports for City Council and the Planning and Zoning Commission.
- Perform field inspections as necessary to ensure project compliance with approved plans.
- Assist in the distribution and compilation of comments from city departments involved in the development review process.
- Interpret, and explain City development ordinances and procedures to applicants and the general public.
- Work in conjunction with other City departments to ensure cohesive application of city policies and ordinances.
- Assist in the research for and preparation of development ordinances.
- Complete other duties as assigned in the overall mission of the Planning Department.
Required Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent; or four to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
Master's degree (M.A./M.S.) or equivalent; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
AICP Certification upon eligibility preferred.