Community Engagement Manager
City of LeanderLeander, TX, United States25 days ago
Summary: Supports all communications and marketing activities of the Public Information Office and collaborates with external partners to facilitate engagement between the city and community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategically communicate with Leander residents and stakeholders by responding to public inquiries and soliciting engagement on important City issues.
- Act as a marketing, communication and citizen engagement resource in support of other City department initiatives.
- Coordinate a recurring Citizen University program to teach Leander citizens about local government operations.
- Manage published content and responses on City social media accounts, and support other City staff in the establishment and execution of best practices while using social media.
- Support daily content creation on the City’s website, coordinate training, and update administrative guidelines as needed.
- Review communication materials submitted by other City departments prior to distribution to ensure accuracy, quality and consistency.
- Assist the Public Information Office with crisis communications during emergency events.
- Other duties as assigned by the Public Information Officer.
- Occasional travel and work outside of normal business hours may be required to fulfill duties.
Required Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in public relations, communications, journalism, or public administration AND two or more years of related work experience, preferably in municipal government or other similar public sector administration; OR an equivalent combination of education and work experience.