Lightspeed SystemsAustin18d ago
Lightspeed Systems is looking for a passionate Data Analyst to transform our data into insights and insights into actions that could affect millions of K-12 students. Using the latest tools and processes, Lightspeed Systems is able to maximize our technology offerings and deliver unparalleled service and support. The ideal candidate should be highly skilled in all aspects of data analytics, including storage and modeling, data mining, and storytelling with visualizations. Additionally, you should be committed to providing data in an ethical, sustainable, and self-service manner for continued innovation and growth by our various stakeholders.
Want your application to rise to the top? Be sure to check out our application requirements below.
About the Role:
- Develop and maintain datastores by acquiring data from primary and secondary sources, writing scripts that will make our data evaluation process flexible and scalable
- Define and implement data acquisition and integration logic, selecting appropriate combination of methods and tools within defined technology stack to ensure optimal scalability and performance
- Proactively analyze data to answer key questions from stakeholders or out of self-initiated curiosity with an eye for what drives business performance, investigating and communicating areas for improvement in efficiency and productivity
- Assist in interpreting and validating statistical models and A/B test results
- Participate in strategic and tactical planning discussions - interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete self-service reporting solutions.
- Work closely with project managers to understand and maintain focus on their analytical needs, including identifying critical metrics and KPIs, and deliver actionable insights to relevant decision-makers
- Create and maintain rich interactive visualizations through data interpretation and analysis integrating various reporting components from multiple data sources
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a business analytics, business intelligence or comparable data engineering or data science role
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills as you’ll work cross-functionally across the organization (marketing, finance, sales, etc.—you will work with every department)
- Familiar with various supervised and unsupervised modeling techniques including but not limited to Decision Trees, Regressions, SVM, K-Means, Dimensionality Reduction, and others
- A/B test experience preferred
- Must be an analytical and creative thinker: wherever possible, you look to resolve questions through data and measurement
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy – you will be organizing and disseminating significant amounts of information on which business decisions will be made
- You are skilled at being a storyteller with data
- Online web analytics experience preferred but not required (measuring and tracking website behavior, interaction, pathing and fallout)
- Python, R, Perl, SAS, or other statistical packages/scripting languages
- Experience with Cloud Environments and Tools (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with traditional data stores (PostgreSQL, SQL Server, MySQL), NoSQL datastores (Cassandra, DynamoDB), and file system stores (HDFS, S3)
- Experience with BI tools (Tableau, Looker, SiSense, etc)
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Complete the supplemental application questions.
- Complete the assessment at this link: https://assess.predictiveindex.com/1M5e8
NOTE: Sponsorship is not available for this role.
Education is undergoing a technology revolution with new devices and tools being added to the classroom every day and IT departments are responsible for keeping all this technology managed, safe and working. That is where we come in! Lightspeed Systems,ed-tech provider and leader in K-12 device filtering for almost 20 years, partners with schools to make learning safe, managed and mobile. Learn more at www.lightspeedsystems.com.
A sneak peek into our BENEFITS & PERKS include:
Health -- Medical, dental and vision insurance with healthy company contribution toward premiums.
Wellness -- Lightspeed kicks cash into your HSA if you participate our HDHP. Employees are provided an adjustable desk.
Retirement -- 401(k) matching up to 6%
Perks -- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages