Lightspeed SystemsAustin, TX18d ago
Here at Lightspeed Systems we are on a mission to protect our students by empowering IT so they transform digital devices and content into learning tools for students, teachers, and staff. You have an idea? We are here to listen and give you a voice. Open collaboration is what we are all about!
Our products span appliances, mobile apps, and networking, all the way up to cloud-based SaaS/web applications. As a Full Stack JS Developer, your main responsibility will be translating business requirements and UI/UX wireframes into high quality software.
What will you be doing?
You’ll be working closely with our dynamic and fast-paced environment and be responsible for:
- Writing test-driven, clean, readable, and efficient code to deliver new user-facing features
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimizing applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Clearly documenting any programming-related information
- Collaborating with other team members and stakeholders
Is this you?
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Five (5) plus years’ work experience with commercial software development projects
- Demonstrated experience working with REST Web services
- Avid follower of the technology industry and current technology trends
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Experience working with GitHub
What’s in it for you, you ask?
We love our employees, and we show it. Here are some of the perks we offer:
- Great Medical/Dental/Vision, Company Matched 401k, Life & Disability Insurance
- Generous PTO and Parental Leave
- Competitive pay
- Fully stocked kitchens with on tap cold brew
- Games (one office even has archery)
- Office Gyms
- Full computer packets (new MacBooks)
- Christmas to New Year’s Holiday