Human Resources Manager
StarHRCedar Park, TXa month ago
Hyliion (https://www.hyliion.com/) is an Automotive/Commercial Vehcile Industry leader in Class 8 electrification, Hybrid and EV technology, with a growing team of talented engineers and visionaries and a robust network of strategic industry partnerships. With an ever-growing demand for our products, we will provide technology solutions that transform transportation’s environmental impact.
Our growing and dynamic HR organization is ready for a highly organized HR Manager to join the team in a hands-on player-coach role. You have experience growing an entrepreneurial, fast-growing and/or start-up business, along with a reputation for teamwork, a strong work ethic, integrity, candor, and accountability to drive issues to resolution.
This is a full-time, salaried and benefitted role, onsite in our Cedar Park, TX (north Austin metro area) facilities. No relocation assistance is currently available for this role. We are focused on highly qualified local talent with a stable background in the automotive or commercial vehicle industry, or with a strong background in manufacturing, engineering, or technology sectors.
· Provide hands-on management of, and guidance to team members and managers across the full life-cycle of HR including onboarding, benefits, payroll, HRIS, employee relations, performance management programs, policy management and offboarding.
· Partner with the Recruiting team around workforce planning, headcount budgets and talent requisition management and approvals.
· Collaborate with the Finance department to ensure payroll execution is flawless and benefits deductions are made appropriately.
· Partner with managers and directors to provide employee relations advice as well as guidance on policies and procedures.
· Take a lead role in the management, continued development, and integration of our Paycom HRIS, acting as a system expert for the HR team.
· Provide data-driven reporting to inform and influence HR strategic initiatives.
· Conduct regular compliance audits surrounding I-9s, benefits, background checks, and ad hoc audits, where necessary.
· Manage Workers Compensation program, EEOC compliance and reporting, and unemployment claims.
· Work with the VPHR and recruiting team to drive diversity & inclusion initiatives across the company.
· Create, update and maintain employee handbooks and corporate policies ensuring consistency and continually driving for process improvements and automation.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related major.
· 5+ years of related HR Generalist experience.
· Preference for SHRM, PHR, CHRP, or CHRE certifications.
· Strong knowledge and practical application of all US employment laws.
· Strong HRIS administration, improvement and reporting experience and knowledge
Skills & Experience:
· Self-directed, organized, a problem solver, with a strong sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize and meet goals and deadlines.
· Evidence of the ability to build strong working relationships in a diverse working environment.
· Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion, sound judgment, tact and diplomacy in all communications.
· Experience in the automotive or technology sector is strongly preferred.
· Experience maintaining confidentiality of assignments due to the exposure to sensitive information and contacts.
· Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking.
· Experience automating HR practices and reducing administrative tasks.
· The desire to lead and participate in project work where you see the impact of your work.
Hyliion is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.