Acutronic is looking for an IT Specialist to join our team in Austin, Texas. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring stable and reliable operation of the IT environment primarily in our young but fast-growing Aerospace Components Division. Our ideal candidate will have at least five years of experience in an equivalent role, service-orientated skills, and abilities to all levels of the organization, and a keen understanding of company security posture and security applications. This is a high-visibility role with the growth potential.
Your roles/responsibilities will include:
- Provide both onsite and remote helpdesk support to analyze and resolve end user hardware and software problems in a Microsoft 365 environment
- Install and update software and hardware as needed to ensure stable operation of the IT infrastructure
- Configure, maintain, and monitor computer networks and systems, including hardware, system software, and applications
- Closely collaborate with IT specialists at other company locations to ensure stable and reliable operation of the shared IT infrastructure and alignment of the strategic direction
- Conduct onboarding of new employees by performing account setup and end user training
- Recommend and implement security improvements and system upgrades
- Manage vendors and IT consulting firms to support company objectives as needed
- Report progress and challenges to senior management
- Partner with the IT manager to set the strategic direction for the IT function
Your qualifications/skills should include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field of study from an accredited college or university preferred
- At least five years of professional experience in an equivalent role
- Microsoft certifications are highly preferred
- Microsoft Intune experience is preferred
- Experience in a defense or aerospace environment is preferred
- Must be flexible and willing and able to work outside normal business hours as necessary
- US Citizen
For 50 years, Acutronic’s Simulation & Test Division has been the global market leader in the development, design, and manufacture of Inertial Guidance Test Systems and Hardware-In-The-Loop motion simulators. These high-precision motion simulators are used in the aerospace, defense, automotive, and consumer electronics industries to test and calibrate inertial sensors (e.g. gyroscopes and accelerometers that measure movement), Inertial Navigation Systems, Electronic Stability Control systems, and the in-flight engagement scenarios of missiles.
Acutronic’s Aerospace Components Division develops and manufactures specialty components for use on unmanned aerial vehicles and missile systems. These products are used on next-generation aerospace programs and include a range of micro-turbine engines, electric power systems, actuators, and turbo-generator propulsion systems. The Division offers standard products and excels at designing highly customized solutions for demanding mission requirements.
Acutronic employs approximately 200 employees across its locations in Austin, TX; Pittsburgh, PA; Baltimore, MD; Switzerland; Germany; and India.
This is a unique opportunity to join a company with ambitious growth plans. We offer a high degree of independence and individual responsibility in an exciting industry, along with a competitive compensation and benefits package.